Chapter 1: Sorry

Mew sat next to the love of his life, stealing glancing ever so often towards him. Lost in thought, his eyes oozing love as he ogled Art. But just as he was doing so, Art had turned around and began approaching their group of friends, all of whom were too busy studying to realise what Mew was doing. Schooling his features, Mew smiled at Art as he approached.

"Hey." Mew called out first when Art was close enough to hear him.

"Hi!" Replied Art exuberantly. He glanced around before looking again at Mew. " Shouldn't you be studying Too?

"Nah, I'm good. I already have everything in here." Replied Mew pointing at his temple.

"Wow! That's amazing!" Replied Art. His eyes shining with admiration as he smiled back at Mew.

" Do you wanna go grab some breakfast?" Asked Mew.

" Sure, sounds Awesome!"

" Yo! Get me some chocolate milk." Said Tul, glancing up from his work.

"I want some chips......maybe some coffee?" Called out another friend.

"I want coke and a chocolate bar!"

" Wait a sec!" Said Mew pulling out his phone and jotting them down. "Ok guys, see you in a bit." Said Mew as he guided Art to his car.

Finally settled in the car, Mew noticed how quite it had gotten and glanced towards Art. Noticing his sad expression Mew asked. " Why do you look so gloomy?"

" I was hoping to try this new place.......but I guess we're just going to the convenience store."

Mew hated disappointing Art, but he knew the little local shop next to the store was amazing. It wasn't anything fancy, but a hearty home cooked breakfast was perfect.

"There's actually a little store, run by this old grandma, and it's delicious-" Mew tried to persuade Art but was rewarded with a pout.

Unable to resist Art, Mew conceded and they ended up going to the new fancy breakfast place that just opened.

Art enjoyed himself immensely ordering Belgian waffles and some fresh juice, but even as Mew munched down on his heavy breakfast of eggs Benedict. He couldn't help but feel a bit empty. He would've loved having something warm and hearty just perfect to warm him up on the inside, and get him ready for his exam.

But nothing trumped making Art happy, nothing.

Paying for the meal, Mew made quick work of gathering the snacks and heading back in time for the exam.

~~~~

The exam was long. Exhausted and worn out, he called Art for a dose of energy.

Art picked up after many rings, and Mew was shocked at the sudden jarring sound of music.

"Hey!" Art shouted over the music.

"Where are you? Who was that?" Asked Mew, possessiveness overwhelming him as he heard the voice of another man talking to Art.

"I'm in the bar next to the uni, I'm with James and a couple of my other friends. We're just having some drinks-"

"I'll come pick you up."

" No need!" Came Arts quick reply his voice a bit shrill before he went back to his normal tone. " I mean....I just don't want to exhaust you further, you had your exam today didn't you?"

"Yes, but-"

" Go get some rest Mew, there's no point coming to pick me up, you're not my boyfriend." Joked Art laughing, but Mew could do nothing but remain silent. "Mew?" Called out Art.

Finding his voice and willing it to speak " Sorry, I just zoned out for a bit."

" and that's exactly why you should just go home and rest."

"Yeah you're right." Conceded Mew hanging up and feeling not a tad bit better as he went home.

Mew was in a black mood as he parked his car, and went into his house. He could hear the chatter of voices and assumed his parents were entertaining. Too drained to care, he quickly took the steps up to his bedroom. Shutting his door he began removing each piece of clothing on his skin, he needed a bath now. Completely naked he made his way to the bathroom, only a towel covering his torso.

Opening the door the last thing he expected to see was Gulf donning one of his light blue shirts, slowly buttoning them.

Gulf looked up at him, his eyes regarding Mew silently.

Unperturbed Gulf walked through the open door, past a shocked Mew

" What the hell are you doing in my room!" Shouted Mew.

Gulf simply regarded Mew coldly, raising calm eyes to a raging Mew. Mew stomped towards him, grabbing him by his shirt and wrinkling it in the process. Mew's shirt was slightly big on Gulf and the shirt hung loosely on his shoulders. Mew couldn't help breathing and when he did, he smelled the most compelling smell ever. Sweet, so very addicting. Disturbed, he let go of Gulf, pushing him away as he stumbled away from him.

Gulf was thrown back from the power of Mew's shove, but he simply rearranged himself and looking calmly at the half naked alpha, apologised.

"Sorry, your mom spilled some wine on me. I had no spare shirts with me, so she told me to just borrow one of yours. I'll make sure to buy you a new one of the same kind, and send it." Replied Gulf properly, sincerely.

He wasn't good with words, but he thought he got the idea across.

That's why the last thing he expected from Mew was to be told to " Get the fuck out, Gulf. I don't want another shirt. Keep it. Just get the hell out of my room."

Gulf was perplexed he didn't know what he had done wrong, did he word it weirdly? Was it not polite enough?

But Gulf didn't sit there and think of his inept social skills, Mew was fuming, and Gulf made quick work to leave as quick as possible. 

He muttered another quick "sorry" as he closed the door.

He never did get along with Mew, and he didn't suppose he ever would.

Sighing Gulf made his way to the dinning room and excused himself, feigning exhaustion.

If it was worth anything, he wouldn't be there when Mew came down, maybe his absence would ease the hate directed at him that ran so deep in Mew.

When Mew came down and saw that Gulf had left, he felt a bit bad, but he still sighed in relief. He didn't have the energy to pretend to get along with gulf for his parents sake.

Yet as the night progressed Mew wondered why his frustrations grew.

He pulled out his phone and texted Art.

He waited for a reply, checking his phone every once in a while, but after two hours he had given up.

Art was probably sleeping, and he needed to sleep too.

A/N: Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed it. I actually got the suggestion to do an omegaverse story about Mewgulf on my other story, and I honestly don't have the time for another book, but I kept thinking about it, and couldn't resist the temptation. That's Mewgulf power for you. 😂

Just watch me publish two chapters together. Double upload here I come~