Chapter 21

When Gulf had left all those years ago, Mew was overwhelmed. He was already repenting. However losing him....not knowing where he was, not even knowing whether he was safe or not. Not knowing if he had hurt their child.

It ate away at him. Drove him mad.

And he had looked. All his money, all his time, all his connections.

He had spent so much time and energy just for this very exact moment. And he was never going to let go. Never again.

And Mew had tried. Everyday he was there. This time in front of the apartment rather than in it.

But Gulf always found a way to avoid it. He would take another route. Come in from another door. Or simply rush past him so fast with deaf ears that he was left in the dust on the other side of a silent door.

After a month of this, Mew was at the end of his ropes. He had to find another method because this one wasn't working.

And so the game begins.

---

Gulf was ready for the recurrent confrontation. But when he looked up expecting the figure of Mew, he was shocked to find.......

Nothing.

No one was waiting for him. Gulf couldn't understand the mix of relief and sadness that flooded right through him at that very moment. It was unexplainable.

He shouldn't have felt any sadness, it was an emotion he had long buried deep within him. Kin was enough for him.

After one week of Mew's constant no-show, Gulf was starting to get worried.

Something must have happened for him to disappear so suddenly after how long he had been coming day after day.

And that made Gulf worried sick for Mew.

Finally unable to move on with his day he ended up calling his sister. Maybe she would know something....or at least that's what he hoped for.

Unfortunately the call yielded nothing more than simply catching up with each other.

Eventually Gulf made his way down to work, forgetting completely the fact that the purpose of Mew's visit had been a project with his company. So when he walked into a hard surface, deep in thought, he was surprised to smell the very thing he was thinking off.

"Sorry-"

" Good morning to you as well." Said Mew placing his hands on Gulf's shoulders and urging him gently towards his office.

Mew was surprised at how easily Gulf allowed himself to be lead by him. He was so focused on getting Gulf in the privacy of his room that he didn't pay much attention to his face.

When he finally looked, he was surprised at the look Gulf was giving him. Gulf looked relieved and happy. A tiny smile curving gently on both ends of his lips.

All the hostility that Gulf had displayed weeks back was gone. And Mew was sure of one thing. Gulf wasn't aware of the face he was showing him. It was an unadulterated show of pure emotion.

Overcome with his own emotional need, Mew placed his right palm on Gulf's cheek and placed a light kiss on his lips.

It took some minutes for the action to register in Gulfs mind, before he reeled back from Mew's touch glancing sharply at him with a frown on his face.

Gulf turned, and was about to leave if Mew had not grabbed hold of him, preventing his escape.

Gulf tried to release Mew's hold on him,but failed miserably.

" What are you doing! Let go of me!" Gulf shout-whispered.

"I would if you would just listen to me!"

"Fine." Said Gulf crossing his arms over his chest and staring at Mew straight on, waiting for him to speak.

" Tonight, at 6pm. I'll pick you up from your house." Mew tried to reason for a more private setting.

" What ever you wanna say you can say it now." Said Gulf sternly.

Mew rubbed his eyebrows in frustration. "Gulf please.....we're at work....its not professional to discuss personal matter here."

"Its equally not professional to drag and kiss someone."

Mew flinched at Gulf's statement and made his way to him slowly before gently grabbing his hand. "Please, Gulf. Just a few hours....."
Mew could tell that Gulf was wavering, but was not quite there.

"I promise I won't do anything you don't want!" Assured Mew.

"Fine. Be there at 6 and if you're one minute late...that's it...no second chances......and you dont bother me about this ever again!"

Mew couldn't believe his ears. His mouth spread out in a wide grin. "Deal!"