Chapter 2: Restless

Mews attempts at sleep were fruitless, he was too restless to go to sleep.

Going down for a cup of water, he saw his mom already in the kitchen drinking a cup herself.

"Mew, darling, why are you still up?"

" I can't sleep."

Filling him a cold cup of water, his mom placed it in front of him. " Here you go. Drink up. You'll feel better."

Mew drank quietly, when he was done he noticed his mother eyeing him.

Mew sighed " What is it mom?"

"It's just.....Mew, honey, when do you plan of settling down? On finding yourself a partner?"

" Mom! What does this have to do with anything?!"

" This restlessness you're feeling, I had it too." Said his mom, placing her hand on his. " I just want you to be happy."

"I am happy mom."

" Let me set you up with some nice omegas."

"Mom.....no."

" Mew....just give It a try...."

" I said no, mom!"

" Why do you never give others a chance?.... you can't keep living like this Mew-"

Exasperated at his mother's constant nagging Mew blurted out the unthinkable. " I already have someone!"

"You what?"

"I.....I... I have someone I love."

"Love!" His mom exclaimed. "Mew! Why have you never told us?"

Mew scratched his neck " It's relatively new....and we're taking it slow." Mew lied. He didn't want to give up on Art even if he had to lie. He just needed a bit more time. Just a bit more.

" I understand." Said his mom patting his back and smiling before she left. " I won't bother you again. I just hope one day you can introduce us to your special someone."

" I hope so too." Replied Mew before planting a kiss on his mother's cheek. Watching her as she left.

Mew sat there contemplating his options, he needed to start wooing Art at full speed. But then Mew grew complacent, he forgot and grew comfortable.

The mother waited but when weeks turned into months and months turned into half a year, she had had enough. She had to stage an intervention.

One afternoon as they were enjoying their dinner Mew's mother spoke. " So when exactly will we be meeting this special someone of yours Mew?"

Mew swallowed hard as his mom's eyed him sternly. " it's still too early, mom."

" Mew..." his mother warned. "It's been 6 months! Unless you've broken up, I think this relationship is serious enough for us to meet them."

"He's a bit shy, he's not ready yet to meet you." Lied Mew.

"He." His mother echoed. " Well at least now we know he's a boy."

" It's not like I'm keeping it a secret from you. You just never asked." Mew lied comfortably trying to ease him mom back into safety.

" Well...yes....I suppose so." His mom remarked silently taking another bite of her meal before turning to Mew. " So at least tell us about him Mew. What is he like?"

Mew turned into stone, his brain working at full speed, but nothing was coming out.

"Is he an omega?"

"Yes." Was Mews curt reply.

"And?" His mother prompted.

"He....well...he's....."

" I don't believe I've given birth to such an emotionally constipated child....come on darling. There has to be something you like about him?"

But Mew just stared at her silently.

"One word to describe him, then?"

Mew thought of Art....one word? To describe him?

"He's cute."

"Cute." His mom repeated looking almost shocked. For a while now she thought Mew was faking this, she was going to trip him up catching him in the act. But that smile, that single word made her believe. Whomever this was....it was real.

Happiness bubbled in her chest and she couldn't hold it in. " cute." She repeated happily before exploding into fully fledged guffaws.

Mew just stared at his mother, and smiled. At least she was happy.

---

But a few days later, Mew realised his mom had him followed. She was apparently desperate to find who he was dating, and if his mom figures it out, well, let's just say he was going to be screwed.

"Dude, what's got you so deep in thought?" Asked Tul placing a hand on Mew's shoulder as he settled on the seat next to him.

Mew just broke down and told Tul everything. The whole scheme.

"Shit, Mew! What're you going to do now?"

" I don't know." Said Mew burying his face in his hands.

Silence filled the air, suddenly Tul broke into a gasp so loud Mew looked up at him.

" I know exactly what you can do!"

" What? " asked Mew skeptically.

Tul pulled out his phone, typing and clicking he turned the phone towards Mew.

Mew read it. " You can't be serious....."

" I'm afraid it's the only option you got." Said Tul shrugging.

*Bliss- designed to help you find the perfect partner for any event.*

" Can't be sure this thing even works." Complained Mew.

" It's actually pretty famous, my cousin once tried it to spite her ex, when he invited her to his wedding."

Mew simply nodded and then left. He kept thinking it over and over again the whole day, and when night came he had given up. He read the App's reviews which were mostly all positive.

It was a highly expensive app, part of the reason why some complained. But money wasn't an issue for Mew, discretion was, and this app provided that. Everyone was screened, and the more Mew read the more comfortable he was with the whole thing. This was perfect, he wanted to kiss Tul for saving his ass.

Signing in, and inputting his info he was contacted the next day. An interview was scheduled and all the rules were explained to him. This was not a hookup app, this was strictly platonic. Business only. They explained. They would pair him up with compatible partners, that would accept his job offer. Then he had the choice to chose the most suitable from them by checking their profiles.

It was all easy sailing, and when Mew got the list of people that were agreeable to be his fake boyfriend, the last thing he expected was this.

Gulf!

Mew couldn't believe his eyes....it couldn't be...it must be another Gulf....there is no way....it doesn't even make sense....

Mew again looked at the picture. It was him he was sure.

Gulf- 22, omega...etc.

"Shit!" Cursed Mew. His brain was all over the place trying to make sense of this, but then everything came to a sudden stop.

"Well...well....look what we have here..." said Mew out loud to an empty room, his lips rising into an involuntary grin.

This was perfect!

A/N: See you again in the next chapter~