25.

It had been at least ten minutes since Tristan blew his load inside me and left me for the bathroom without even a single word, and since then, I'd covered myself with the sheets whilst staring blindly into space as I thought about how I was undou...

It had been at least ten minutes since Tristan blew his load inside me and left me for the bathroom without even a single word, and since then, I'd covered myself with the sheets whilst staring blindly into space as I thought about how I was undoubtedly the biggest idiot alive.

Now that my temporary insanity was gone and I wasn't clouded by the fog of lust, I realized we'd gone raw and the possibility that my first night of intense sex could lead to tiny baby Tristan's frolicking in the living room space made my body shudder.

I moaned and shoved my head down the pillow.

No.

There was no way. I shook my head. Maybe I was just overreacting. There was no way I would get pregnant, I was in my safe week. There was not going to be any tiny baby Tristan. One arrogant prick was enough.

God, why did I even agree to this?

What happened to self-control?

In his arms, I'd lost control. He made me lose control. His actions had been hypnotizing; his very touch was an aphrodisiac, and his unapologetic kisses were spelling binding, making me forget I shouldn't want him.

Fuck, I needed to stop thinking about this and get cleaned. Ignoring the pain ringing across my body, I pushed myself up and leaned on the headboard with my hand going to my injured temple. The sheets fell to my waist in the process, exposing my rosy skin and swollen peaks that ached to a point of no return. One round and my body felt like it was on fire.

The rhythmic cadence of my thoughts was momentarily disturbed when the bathroom door opened and Tristan stepped out, fully clothed in a simple black t-shirt and jeans.

Attempting to shield my nudity from him, I pulled the sheets back up to my chest but I guess there wasn't any need because it garnered no reaction from him as he didn't even glance my way. Unfazed, he just picked up his wallet from the table and made a beeline for the door.

"I'm going out." He announced. "Don't wait up."

"Tristan, wait."

He stopped and after a pregnant moment, turned. "What?" His eyes were cold, a big contrast to the one that burned with passion and lust for me less than an hour ago.

The lump in my throat grew imaginably large. I sucked in a prepared breath and got up from the bed, gathering the sheets around me like a makeshift shield. "There's something I need to discuss with you."

I needed to tell him that I wasn't on birth control.

"Tell me when I get back."

"No. It has to be now."

"Well get on with it."

I swallowed convulsively. "About what we just did, I...well you-"

"Speak up woman, I don't have all night."

"I was going to tell you that I wasn't on birth control."

Saying those words, I braced for his reaction, mentally preparing for a storm but to my surprise, he responded with an unexpected calmness. "I'll get you morning pills tomorrow."

A tremor of relief escaped me.

"Anything else?"

"N-no."

Exhaling, he turned again and proceeded to leave, and even if it hurt that he was treating me this way, I swallowed my pride and asked. "Where are you going?"

He held the door handle. "Out."

My brow rose in query. "To where?"

He looked over his shoulders. A frown settled on his features. "I don't know."

I nibbled on my bottom lip. He was going to disappear again. Just like last night. "It's late."

"I don't care."

"When will you be back?"

He ignored me and opened the door.

I stepped forward. "Tristan, you-"

"For Christ's sake, what more do you want from me, Sienna!" He snapped, shutting the door with a bang that made me a jerk, and then he turned, glowering at me. "Was the sex not enough, do you want more?"

His harsh words cut through me like a knife. I held the knot in my chest tighter. "I don't want anything from you, Tristan, I was just concerned."

A nerve ticked in his jaw, and equal measures of revulsion and rage heated his eyes. "Don't be. Don't be concerned because it's just sex, Sienna. Do you get it? Nothing changes. We were both caught up in the moment and needed to vent out some frustration. Don't think because we fucked I now somehow care about you because I don't. You got your pleasure, I got mine. You meant nothing before, you mean nothing now, so don't care, don't show concern, don't fucking do anything that will make me regret this any more than I already do."

My heart lurched in my chest. If he'd slapped me in my face it would have hurt less. "You..regret it?"

His hand clenched by his side. "Yes, yes I do, more than you can imagine."

My heart lurched in my chest. "And you realized this after having your way with me?"

"Don't try to play the victim and act like you're some defiled virgin. You wanted this."

I shook my head. "I didn't. You kissed me, you started this."

"And yet you were the one whimpering and begging to be fucked." He shook his head and released a dry laugh. "Pathetic."

For a moment his words paralyzed me. His words were crushing. How could he? My chest tightened too hard to breathe. Tears Clogged my throat and blurred my vision. "In the end, you're just a bitter old son of a bitch." I slapped the tears away, refusing to cry in front of him. "Get out, leave."

Without another word, he opened the door, walked out, and slammed it in my face.