𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

prompt : you've been making promises with your girlfriend only for it to be broken by you which then lead to a big argument. there's only one thing you could do to fix your broken relationship and that was to change yourself into a better person.

genre : slight angst x fluff

-

"ugh fuck, thank god i'm finally home." i muttered to myself as i removed my coat and shoes.

"i'm home !" i yelled as my voice echoed through the empty living room.

i frowned when i realised that nai hasn't ran up to me and gave me a tight hug like she always does but i didn't think too much of it because i was too tired to worry about the smallest thing.

i sighed and plopped myself on the couch. the migraine i got from work happened to came back even more worse than before. i hissed in pain and massaged my forehead in hopes to calm the migraine down but also knowing that it would never work.

"where the hell were you ?" a voice spoke from behind me which startled me a little.

"i was at work." i simply replied.

"did you not remember what today was ?"

i stayed silent trying to remember whatever the hell today was but nothing came in mind. "you are unbelievable !" she stormed off.

i got up and quickly caught up to her in our shared bedroom. "what's today ?"

"it's our damn anniversary, you dumbass !"

"oh god i'm sorry. i am so so so sorry my love. my boss had to hold me back last minute because of some stupid presentation i had to do. i'm really sorry princess." i explained softly.

"you could've called me !"

"i swear i was about to but i ended up falling asleep and forgot about it after i woke up."

"you are such an asshole. you forgot our anniversary, i had to wait for you for one fucking hour all by myself while having eyes on me every once in a while. do you know how embarrassing that was ? you didn't even call me or even text me to let me know you weren't gonna make it. you let me leave that damn restaurant looking like a fool ! and now you come home acting like nothing ever happened. just wow y/n." she huffed and walked away from me and head to the bathroom but before i could go in with her, she slammed the door right at my face.

"my love i am truly deeply sorry for what i did. i really am. i swear this will never happen again. after my presentation is over, i'll take a whole week off from work so that we can spend more time with each other. how does that sound ?"

"and then what ? let you break that promise again ? fuck no. i'd rather you don't promise me shit then break every promise you make."

"nai cmon, it's not like i did that on purpose. i swear i was going to call you but i accidentally fell asleep ok ? what do you want me to do ? go back in time and fix my mistakes ? if i could i would."

she opened the door and stared at me with her watery eyes, her puffy lips and her red nose. "no i want you to stop making meaningless promises. stop giving me hopes of something happening because everytime you do that i end up getting myself hurt and humiliated. so just stop making promises." she sniffed and walked passed me making sure to bump into my shoulder.

i walk towards her and snaked my arms around her waist as i rested my head on her shoulder. she didn't try to push me away and just stood there letting me hold her.

"i'm really really really sorry my love. i didn't realise how much i've been hurting you. i am so sorry. i'll be better. i promise and this time i mean it." i whispered.