Jenna Ortega

𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐡 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭

i groaned as i laid on the couch, staring at the white coloured ceiling. i lifted my head up slightly, when i felt the couch dipped, to see my best friend, elanor, staring down at me with a slight pout. "what's wrong ?" she asked.

"nothing. just bored waiting for next year." she giggled.

"why don't you help me decorate the house for the party to kill time ?" she suggested to which i groaned once again and covered my face with my arms.

"oh cmon, it'll kill time and besides i can't do all of this by myself you know..."

"fine." i finally got up and picked up the decorations helping her put it up.

it didn't take me long to finish putting up the decorations because one, there wasn't much for me to put up and two, while i was busy complaining about how long new years was going to arrive, my friends already had half of the house decorated leaving me with little to do.

so then i decided to move on to the drinks. again it didn't take too long for me to make this because i was pretty much an expert when making drinks for parties.

while tasting it, i heard the doorbell rung which made all of us look at each other in confusion. "already ? what time is it ?" elanor asked.

"i don't know but i do know that it's still early." ryan replied as he walked to the door.

"oh my god hey !" elanor cheered and walked to the unknown visitor that i had yet to see.

i quirked my eyebrows in confusion and moved forward to see the unknown visitor was jenna. when we made eye contact, i widened my eyes and quickly hid myself in-front of the kitchen counter by squatting down.

i had the fattest crush on her ever since the start of high school and now was coming to the end of high school and my crush for her never wore out.

i've always tried my best to avoid her whenever she's around, i would try to annoy her by making sexual jokes or   tease her a lot and i would be a total asshole to hopefully drive her away from me.

and sometimes it works. 

i took a bite of the cookie as i sat on the ground waiting from them to settle down. "what are you doing down there ?" elanor asked catching me by surprise at her sudden appearance.

"uh...i was picking up the crumbs." i smiled nervously in hopes she'd believe what i'd say and stupidly enough she did.

"alright when you're done come to the living room, your girlfriend is here." she whispered the last part with a teasing smirk to which i kicked her knees making her groaned in pain.

"i don't get why you can't just confess to her." she mumbled as she rubbed her knees.

"are you crazy ? she has a girlfriend for fuck sake."

"they literally broke up like a week ago."

"so ? that gives me even more of a reason to not confess." i whispered harshly.

"why not !? she's single, you're single. you have a big fat crush on her and i see the way she looks at you, it's like she's in love with you or something " she explained persistently.