Please

" So... someone tried to split you up and you want revenge?" Cartman frowned after the pair had explained their situation. " Yea dude pretty much" Stan nodded. " Lame" Cartman rolled his eyes, folding his arms. Stan could see the pure rage flicker in his boyfriends eyes, and he braced for a outburst that to his surprise, never came. " Are you going to help or not." Kyle forced out through gritted teeth in the kindest tone he could muster. Cartman thought for a moment. " What's in it for me?" He asked. " WHAT'S IN IT FOR.." Kyle snapped, before taking a deep breath to compose himself. " What do you want Cartman? " He asked. Cartman looked like he was about to say something, but his expression softened as he looked towards the floor. The smug teasing expression that he had been wearing previously faltered, and was replaced by one that Kyle hadnt seen in a long time. Cartman looked vulnerable and nervous as he bit his lip. " You uh.. You guys said Kenny is still talking to you?" He said in a uncharacteristically soft voice. "... Yea.. ?" Stan replied. " He's not talking to you?" Kyle asked. Cartman paused. "... No" He finally mumbled. "Probably something to do with you fucking losers" He added, although his words lacked their usual bite. The two watched Cartman, waiting for him to give them some sort of an explanation as to why he has brought up their friend so suddenly, but he seemed to be having an internal war with himself as he debated whether or not to speak. " Cartman, dude." Stan frowned, earning an eye roll from the boy. " Shut up Stan I'm trying to think." He huffed. " Do you uh.. Dmphmph.."  Cartman mumbled. " What?" Kyle asked, his irritation starting to show. " Get uh.. Getkennmphmphm" Cartman said again, his voice still equally as quiet and unintelligible. " What do you want dude" Stan sighed, just wanting to know the cost of his help. "UGH, I said," Cartman began in an angry tone, before switching to a more quiet and almost embarrassed one. " Get Kenny to speak to me again. I uh.. Kind of miss the stupid poor boy. I know hes an asshole but like.. Hes my best friend." He admitted, his voice cracking a little at the end. Stan and Kyle stared back in shock at Cartman. " WHAT? SHUT UP! DO YOU WANT MY HELP OR NOT? " Cartman snapped defensively. Kyle turned to look at Stan, his expression serious." Like it or not, this is our best shot." Kyle admitted, making Cartman grin smugly and crack his knuckles as Stan looked back at Kyle conflicted. He sighed." OK fine. I hope you know what you're doing man." Stan finally agreed. There was a moment of silence as the three waited for someone to speak. No one wanted to be the first to decide their next move. Each of them secretly hoped that someone else would just take charge of this whole situation. Kyle took a deep breath. " I t-" He began. " Who wants snacks?" Lianne chimed loudly as she entered the room, arms full of what looked to be the contents of an entire corner shop. "Meeeeemmm we are trying to have an important conversationnnn"  Cartman whined. " Oh sorry pookie, would you like me to make you a sandwich instead?" She replied, her kindness and ability to put up with her son still amazing to the other two. " No goddamn it give me the cheesy poofs!" He demanded, before pausing. Kyle saw a strange look on his face, one that he had seen only a few times. " Please. " Eric added, making Stans jaw drop. Please was not a word that anyone had even thought Cartman knew, yet his mother reacted as if he used it everytime he spoke to her. She handed him the snack, placing the rest of them onto the table. "Here you go boys, you must be starving" She smiled to Stan and Kyle, before leaving. "Thanks meeem" Cartman smiled, and although Eric was usually grateful when someone gave him food, this time was different. "Dude are you feeling OK?" Stan asked, looking at Cartman with genuine concern. " Heeh?" Cartman frowned, stuffing handfuls of cheesy poofs into his mouth. " Stop being fucking dumb let's stalk this weird nerd kid"He said, dismissing Stans question entirely. Stan frowned, but he couldnt help but wonder, was Eric finally changing?