Chapter 24

The group went over the next hill and within fifteen minutes they arrived at the satyrs pub.
From the outside it looked humble yet folksy. Stacked stones and tree trunks make up most of the building's outer structure. It was tough to see through the high windows, but the music and voices could be heard from a mile distance.

Upon reaching the door, Angel gave it a knock. All noise inside was immediately silenced.

"Who is it?" One voice answered from the other side.

"Um...Potential customers." Angel answered.

A peephole located in the mid section of the door was opened and a pair eyes looked through it.

"Alright what have we got here? A tsuchigumo, an adze, a human, and a wendigo. Well seeing that none of you are palace guards who work for that Vox lunatic, I can certainly allow you inside- Wait a wendigo?! Holy crap! It's wendigo! Run for your lives!"

They could hear mass screaming and panic coming from inside the pub. Some of the customers were so over come with fright that they threw themselves out the windows. The satyrs who ran the place, put the whole joint on instant lock down with bars nailed on to every window and bolts chained to each door.

"I told you they wouldn't react positively to me." Alastor said.

"Huh, I really thought they'd before accepting since goats and deer are related." Angel said.

"What the devil are you talking about?" Alastor asked.

"Well aren't goats and deer apart of the same family?"

"No you idiot." Vaggie said. "Goats are in the same family as sheep not deer. Where did you get that dumb idea?"

"Well both have hooves and horns."

"So does an ox but they're not cousins."

"Getting off track here guys." Charlie said making her way toward the door. "Excuse me."

"Go away please!" The voice called again. "We do not offer service to creatures who feed on anything with a pulse."

"You've got it all wrong." Charlie argued. "Alastor is completely harmless."

Her three friends gave her a skeptic look.

"Okay maybe not completely harmless but he's not going to eat you. He doesn't eat anything with a the same intelligence of a human."

"Why should we believe you?"

"Well I'm an innocent human woman and he hasn't eaten me."

For a moment they heard several other voices converse among each other quietly, then the peephole was opened again.

"Is he a vegetarian?"

"Heavens no!" Alastor said.

"Then we can't risk it. Nothing personal but a lot of monsters consider goat 'the other white meat'."

"Oh come now, you're being completely unreasonable." Charlie said.

"Sorry ma'am but it's my pub, my rules, I'm not letting in a wendigo that eats meat and there's nothing you can do to change my mind."

"That lady's got gold." Angel said.

"Hold that thought."

The peep hole was closed and they heard the sound of bolts being taken down. At long last the door was opened by a bearded satyr.

"Right this way folks."

The pub wasn't as packed as it was about five minutes ago but some customers remained, though they were all real close together and staring at Alastor with intense fear. A few were even whispering about him.