Chapter 34

After awhile they stopped to eat some lunch in the town square and when they finished, they noticed a group of musicians setting up their instruments to play a song. Then they overheard the performers discussing something.

"What do you mean Lorenzo isn't coming tonight?" The guitarist said. "He's our drummer. We need a beat."

"Yeah but he got into some posion oak. Won't be able to move for a week at least." The keyboardist answered.

"Ah man, our first gig in months and he's not here. That's it! We're done! It's back to selling pottery at my dad's shop!"

For them this was bad luck, for Angel it was the opportunity of a lifetime. A chance to finally perform in a real crowd.

"Excuse me gentlemen." Angel said stepping forward. "I don't mean to evesdrop but I heard you guys say that you need a drummer."

"Yeah, do you play?" The guitarist asked.

Angel answered by sitting down at the drum set and performing a quick drum solo with all four of his arms. The percussion was perfectly on tact and he didn't miss one beat. The musicians and Angel's friends were left speechless.

"Okay you're Lorenzo's replacement for tonight." Said one musician who played the trumpet.

It took all of Angel's willpower not to scream like a teenage girl living out her fantasy. Hecouldn't believe it, he was actually going to perform. And did he perform. He had no trouble keeping up with the band's music and the crowds were just gathering all around to listen and cheer and dance. Alastor smiled at the utter glee in Angel's eyes. Though he knew Angel to be a very chipper creature most of the time, but he could tell that this was one of the happiest moments of his life. He wouldn't admit it but he was glad that Angel was getting the chance to live out his dream. Even if it was just for one day.

"He's really good." Charlie commented. "He might actually have a shot at being a drummer."

"He doesn't just drum." Vaggie said. "He told me the other night that he can play instruments, sing, and dance."

"Speaking of dance." Charlie said almost giving Alastor an almost flirty smile. "I'm a little disappointed Al."

"Disappointed?" He inquired.

She glanced over at the ladies and gentlemen partnering up.

"I was hoping that you would ask me to dance." She said.

"Oh. Is that right?" Alastor replied with an almost flirty smile of his own. "Well why didn't you say so?"

He stood up from his chair and bowed before the princess.

"May I have this dance?"

Her smile grew as she gave him a curtsey.

"I'd love to."

He took her by the hand and led her over to the center of the square. Soon they were moving side by side, her in his arms as they danced together harmoniously with an equal amount of grace and agility. Their steps matched, they felt the same rhythm, and their movement was in perfect sync with each other. It wasn't long before they became lost in the music and in each other's eyes. If only they knew how happy they were making the other person feel in this moment and how much they hoped this feeling would last the rest of their lives.

They forgot that he was a wendigo and that she was a human. They forgot that it would be strange for someone like him and someone like her to dance togther this way. To those who would only try to see things through what soicety believed, Alastor and Charlie shouldn't have even been making eye contanct. But to those like Angel and Vaggie, who would only try to see things through the truth, it was obvious that Alastor and Charlie were meant to be.