Part 2

A few months earlier~

Alaire~

"And the award for breaking the record once again with her amazing and untouchable skills, Alaire Knight." My husband stood up, smiling down at me, clapping louder than anyone else. A smile spread across my face as people around me, congratulated me once again. I have never felt more proud of myself than this moment.

"She is the best Architect you can find out here." My husband, Westly boasted taking me up to the stage. I had just broke the record for selling the most mansions in the last three years and made my company a lot of money.

Making my way to the stage, I received my award and looked into the crowd of smiling faces. "Thank you all for this award, it means a lot to me and I promise to work just hard as before. Thank you." Westly took my arm, guiding me back t my chair, whispering in my ear. "I'm so proud of you." It brought joy to me that he was here with me today.

~

~

"Are you serious Westly, again? You just got back, where on earth do you have to go again?" He didn't even stop to look at me, get just kept packing his things. "I know that I said tonight was going to be about you but baby, I need to close this deal by tonight. Your father placed a lot of trust in me to take care of you and that's what I'm doing."

My father had a lot of money and he invested it in Westly because I fell in love with him. My father knew that Westly didn't come from money nor did he have much so he started a business with him just to make me happy. At first, I was over the moon but now, I can't even have him for a month straight without him running away for some business deal.

"We don't need all that money, honey, I'm doing well for myself and we have more than enough to stop working as we speak." I folded my arms, clearly upset which he finally noticed and stopped packing. He gave a low sigh before, kissing me on my head. "Look, I know that this is unfair to us but we still have to think about our future children."

A smile appeared our faces at the thought. I really did want children with him but he was always too busy. "That's why I'm doing this, that's what all this is about. When our children are grown, they can have the money to open their own business. Just like my dad did for me." It melted my heart the way he referred to his father in law like that.

"Well since you put it that way; fine." Westly pecked my lips before returning to pack. I was still a little upset but he's doing it for us. "Call me as soon as you reach to Paris, text me even." He nods walking to the chauffer. "You know I will." Westly brought me into his arms, kissing me ever so gently. 

"I love you with all my heart." He said, kissing my nose. "I love you with all of mine too." He jumped in the car, leaving me standing there.

~

~

The next day, I sat at my desk, reviewing my schedules for the month and saw that I was assigned to Lucian Appius. His father just handed him the business almost a year back, I remember going to the ceremony with my father because Westly couldn't make it. He's a young, handsome bachelor, few women by his side, nothing out of the ordinary. "He wants a house? Doesn't he have like, fifty?"

"More like sixty, which is weird for him to want another one." My head snapped up to see Veena Anand. My assistant and long term best friend. She was curvy and sexy. I wasn't as blessed but I had my curves. "You really need to knock." I placed the calendar aside. "I did, you were drooling over Mr. young, hot and sexy." I rolled my eyes at her. "I'm married, remember?"

"You remind me every day. Plus it doesn't hurt to look." She flipped her hair over her shoulder, sitting on the couch. My phone buzzed and I knew it was Westly. 

'Sorry, I fell asleep when I got here.' I smile played on my face making Veena suck her teeth as loud as she possibly could. "Would you stop? He's a great husband." Veena snorted, picking at her nails. "Sure, whatever you say."

I looked at her but her gaze was out the window. "What's that suppose to mean?" She looked back at me, shaking her head. "Nothing. I just believe that someone who acts so perfect, has to have a flaw somewhere. I'm not jealous or anything but- I don't know, I feel like he's hiding something."

I frowned at her words. "He wouldn't do anything to hurt me." Veena's eyes widened as she shook her hands. "No! Please don't take me the wrong way! You're right, he treats you well but-" She glanced at me. "But what?" I urged.

"You- you guys don't even go out in public together." Veena mumbled.

"We don't go out because he's a private person."

"You guys had the smallest wedding, ever. I barely made the guest list"

"Westly didn't have any family and I didn't want him to feel depressed."

"None of his friends know you-"

"Do you know all Timothy's friends?"

"The ones he's close to, yes. Plus he doesn't even invite you to any of his business parties-"

"What parties?"

"You know the business parties that they have like every four, five months, it's literally all over television. The best of the best go there."

I was silent. I have never been to one of these parties before. There has to be a reason for this, right?

Veena's eyes widened a little. "L-Look, this conversation was pointless, you know that he loves you, none of those silly little things should bother you."

I nodded blankly. "You're right, these are trivial things, I shouldn't let that bother me." I then buried my head back into my work.

But now that she said it out loud, it's extremely bothering me. When he gets home, I'm going to talk to him about this.