Part 32

"Are you feeling alright?" Veena spoke, looking down at her friend. "I'm fine, don't worry. Where's daddy? How's he doing?" She glanced around the room. "He's talking with the doctors making sure that everything goes according to plan. You know how stressed he is."

Alaire shook her head at her father. "Can someone go calm him down?" Christopher stood up. "I'm on it." She laid on the bed waiting for the nurses to come take her to the operating room. "How are you feeling?" Veena rubbed her cheek. "As fine as I could be. I just want this to be over."

Alaire's eyes looked at the door once more. "Looking for someone more important than me?" Veena teased. "You know you're the only one for me, Veena. I just thought that...he would be here." Was she expecting too much? The man had a life.

"We're ready for you, Ms. Achebe." Veena stepped aside as they wheeled her out. "Sir, now's not a good time, we are preparing her to-" Lucian brushed passed the nurse, leaning in, giving Alaire a sweet kiss.

"My favourite colour is teal and I hate children with buggers all over their face, they creep me out. I want to visit Krabi, Thailand with the woman I love so we can be partially naked and together without being judged."

She stared into his eyes, smiling. "My favourite colour is blue, I hate pickles on anything. They aren't natural and I really want to visit Trinidad and Tobago or maybe Jamaica. When I get out of this, can we redo our date?" He nodded with a smile. "As soon as you feel better, we'll go."

~

1 Hour

~

2 Hours

~

3 Hours

The doctor came out of the room causing everyone to stand. "How is she?" Emmanuel asked making his way to the doctor. "She's fine but she's asleep right now. Everything went well." Emmanuel thanked him over and over again with tears in his eyes.

"Can we see her even though she's sleeping? I just want to see her face." Her father pleaded. "No problem, just one at a time please." Veena took her uncle's hand making their way to the room. Alaire was sound asleep.

"I know that it was stage one but the only thought of her suffering just a little, it hurts. Her mother would never made me rest in peace if something would have happened to her." He sat next to her, rubbing her arm. "Maybe I should let everyone else see her." Veena nodded as they walked out the room.

One by one they all checked her, relived that nothing happened. "Lucian, she's all yours." Christopher said, walking away. Lucian entered the room to see that she was awake and looking around. "Hey, you're up. How do you feel?" She shrugged.

"I feel a little pain but nothing hurts as much as I thought." Alaire grinned at him. "You look really sexy tonight." Lucian realized she was still high of the anesthesia. "Really? Thank you but I must say that I don't hold a candle to you." She looked terrible in every way but she didn't know that.

"As you can tell the medication hasn't worn off. I spoke to her father outside about the medication that she will be taking. She can be out of here next week." Lucian thanked the doctor. "Isn't my husband handsome, doc? My Prince Eugene."

Alaire was giggling, looking at the ceiling. "Thank you doctor, have a good night." He made his way to her, chuckling as she stretched her hands out. "How about when I get out of here we do over our date. It didn't exactly end up being the best."

She looked at him like she was thinking about it. "Sure why not. But I have one question for you."

"What's that?"

Her eyes started watering as she hiccupped. "Am I...Am I bald like Westly? I was joking about losing my hair." Lucian could help but burst out laughing. "It's not funny, answer me! I'm so afraid to look."

"Well, it's pretty bad, you only have hair on the sides of you head. Do you want to see?" Alaire started crying loudly in his chest. "I'm bald and ugly! Don't look at me." He patted her leg gently. "No, don't say that. It'll grew back soon, I promise."

Alaire sniffed looking up at him. "You think so? I feel a lot of wind up there." It took everything in him not laugh at her. "I wouldn't tell you something that's not true." Alaire yawned loudly. "Get some rest and tomorrow I'll be back tomorrow."

Her hand weakly gripped his. "Can't you just stay the night? Or until I fall asleep?" He could do that. "I'll stay, go to sleep." Her grip didn't loosen as she drifted off. "Goodnight." 

Taking his phone out he called Damon, his assistant. "I'm at St. Claire's Memorial Hospital. I need you to bring me some things."

~

Alaire woke up with pain in her chest area. She winced but ignored it, turning to see Lucian on the phone. "Get it done and sent in by eight this morning, we can't keep postponing it. Get in touch with Timothy. He should have the documents for us ready by this afternoon. I can't be there for the meeting in person but I will be there virtually."

She wanted to call him but it turned into a dry cough, his head immediately turned, going to her side. "I'll call you back." Lucian placed the water to her mouth as she drank like she dehydrated. "How do you feel?"

"It pains a little but nothing to cry about. When did you get here?"

"I spent the night because you asked me to." She looked at him like he was crazy. "I did? Thank you so much. It must have been so uncomfortable sleeping on that." She looked at the recliner.

"It wasn't so bad, I mostly stayed up doing work so I wasn't really using it." Alaire immediately felt bad. "I know that face, stop feeling bad. I chose to do this. Plus you kept me entertained last night." A teasing smile made its way to his face. "What else did I do last night?"

"You cried because you thought you were going to turn bald like Westly-" She gasped in horror, turning away. "I would never do that! Stop making things up."

"You cried on my chest like a big baby telling me to look away and you were hideous. I wish I recorded it." Alaire placed a finger on her lips, signaling him to stop talking. "No more. I feel embarrassed."

"You even called me sexy-" Alaire immediately closed her eyes pretending to fall asleep.

"See how my eyes are closed? No more talking." Lucian laughed kissing her head. "Sure."