Part 6

Alaire~

"Done!!" I screamed, causing Veena to scream as well, clapping loudly. Some employees, looked into my office but I didn't care. I was happier than ever. "Call Martin in here and tell him that I'm finished. I need to get home and take a shower." She ran out to her desk, calling him in.

Looking at the clock, it was exactly 3:00pm on Friday. "I heard the great news! Congratulations." He picked up the prints but stepped back, blocking his nose. "Goodness gracious! Wow! T-That's something." He coughed slightly.

"We know we smell like desperation, coffee a-" He cut her off. 

"And shit. You could have showered, we have a bathroom." By now he was at the door.

"I was really preoccupied to the point where I really couldn't move." He grimaced before nodded at the both of us. "Yes, but please go home. Shower, brush your teeth......bathe again. Please." He made his way back to his office.

"We don't smell that bad, he's being over dramatic." I argued but Veena shook her head. "No, no, he's right. I made the corner twice accidentally due to lack of sleep and smelt myself." She picked up her bag. "I'll be passing down the fire escape today."

"But we're on the 30th floor-"

"I'll survive. You should do the same." With that, she snuck out the door, hiding from anyone she saw. I soon followed suit, running down right on her tail.

~

"That felt amazing!" I dropped on the bed after taking a long shower. The first thing I did was look at my phone to see if Westly had called or at least messaged me but he didn't. Since that fight, three days ago, he hasn't made any contact with me even though I've tried. Why was he being like this? Maybe I should call him. Before I could call him, his name lit up my phone. He was actually calling me.

"Bab-" His laugh rang out on the phone , causing me to pull away from it. "Get off the phone!" Someone giggled as he cursed. Who was that? I can't remember any of his business associates being female. 

"It was an accident, I didn't mean to call you." He spoke to me like I was just a basic friend. "Oh, I was going to call you anyway, so ho-" He cut me off. 

"Listen, now is really not a good time. I'm in the middle of a deal. Call you back?" He asked. "West, since you left, you haven't been picking up my calls, I just want to know if you're alright." He hummed but he wasn't even listening to me. 

"Hey, aren't you busy? You're still at the office, right?" Why was he ignoring me? "Westly, I'm trying to talk to my husband! Can he come to the phone?" I heard whispered coming from his end. "Look, we're both really busy so when we're both finish, I'll call."

"Bu-" A clink sound then silence. He hung up on me. My body suddenly felt drained all of a sudden, I felt a sharp pain on the side of my head. The next thing I knew, I was falling into a deep sleep.

~

~

"-UP! Wake up, Alaire!!" What was going on? My vision was fuzzy that I could hardly make out who was above me. "What?" I mumbled out. "Alaire! It's Veena, today's the day, you need to start getting ready.

What day? What's going on? She gently sat me up, giving me something in my hand. "Eat." Was all she said, getting the dress out the closet. Dress?

"OH SHIT, THE EVENT." Everything started coming back to me as I ate the sandwich. "Yeah! I've been trying to call you for hours now but you weren't answering. I thought something happened to you so I came over. Are you alright? Can you make tonight?" She sat at the end of the bed, looking at me dead in my eyes. I looked at my phone once to see many missed calls from her and another number that I didn't know. 

"I can always go for you." I grinned at her. "Thank you for the concern but I'm fine. I was just a little tired." Veen didn't look like she believed me but she eventually let it go. She held up my projects in a casing, placing it on the bed for me. "So we lost a lot of time because you needed rest so I arranged the hair dresser, the nail tech and the makeup artist to meet here. I had to pay them a little extra but it was worth it."

I finished the meal, running into the bathroom. "What time is it?" I asked her. "It's almost six." I gasped. "I almost slept 13 hours?!" She chuckled. "Yes! Looks like they're here. Meet us on the patio after you're finished."

As soon as I was finished, I dried off, moisturized, placed my underwear on and then robe. Looking in the mirror, I realized that I didn't look like a zombie, thank God. My phone started ringing and when I looked at the caller ID that I didn't recognize but without question, I answered it.

"Hello, good day?"

"Ah, she finally answers." A deep voice spoke through.

Confused, I asked who it was. "Well, since numbers were yet to be exchanged properly, I asked your father for your number due to our contract."

Contract? Oh my gosh, it was Lucian Appius. "I am terribly sorry once again. I'm sure you're tired of hearing my apologies." I rushed out but he only hummed. 

"I assumed that everything is done?" Was all he asked. "Yes! Absolutely and they will be in your possession in just a few hours, sir. Once again, thank you for not giving up on us." Veena walked into the room, with a confused look. 

"Well, you look like a woman who can handle any challenge given to her. So please, no more apologies. I hope to see you tonight." He hung up, leaving me breathless. "Are you alright?" She asked me. "Yes, let's get this over and done with." She smiled at me. "Please. I need some more sleep."