Part 45

Alaire~

I smiled as he held me close to his body. "You look stunning." He kissed my neck. "Tonight I'll be making love to my fiance. I can't wait." He knew what he was doing. "Alright, fathers please join the picture."

Daddy walked up to me with a big smile. "How are you feeling, princess?" I felt more tears in my eyes but I refuse to cry. "Thank you, I love you so much." He kissed my cheek, hugging me close. "Anything for my everything."

"Alright, smile!"

CLICK

~

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Alarie~ Happy birthday to you!" Veena stood next to me, cutting the cake. She gave me a slice, smearing the icing on my face and I did the same. Christopher grinned, taking a picture of us.

"Beautiful." Veena winked at him. "All day, pretty boy."

~

Third Person~

Christopher sat in a chair with a drink in his hand, talking to a woman around his age. "So, how do you know the couple?" She twirled her hair, smiling at him. "I work for Alaire, she's my boss." Veena spotted them immediately, rolling her eyes.

"Well are you seeing someone by chance, I think you're really attractive. My name's Avery by the way, yours?" He stretched his hand out to shake her hand but Veena sat on his lap, taking his drink.

"Thanks for holding my drink babe, who's this? A friend?" Veena sipped the drink aggressively. Christopher and Avery were stunned as Veena shook her hips on his crotch, getting comfortable. "Oh, I didn't know you had a girlfriend." Avery sneered at her.

"Wife." Veena sneered back, twirling the glass in her hand.

Avery boldly looked Veena up and down. "Don't see a ring, guess I see how this marriage will turn out soon. Call me when the divorce is finalized." Veena scoffed at her audacity but before she could say anything, Chris intervened.

"Who said anything about me getting a divorce? Our wedding bands are getting cleaned. I love this woman too much. Plus why would I leave this plump, sexy woman for a bag of bones? That doesn't make sense, now does it? Does that make sense to you babe?"

Veena blinked a few times before shaking her head. "Uh, no."

Christopher, placed his hands on her hips causing Avery to roll her eyes. Veena was beyond shocked at this point but didn't show it. "Yeah, good luck with that." Avery stood up, walking away from the table.

A long silence poked between them until she stood up. "I should go." Christopher grabbed her arm. "No, we should talk, Veena. We have been doing this on and off shit for too long. You tell me you don't like me, ignore me after I get close with you, then you get mad when I try to move on."

She sighed. "Look, the last guy that I dated was having sex with somebody else while I walked in and didn't even stop when he was caught. I forced myself not to feel anything anymore. Men and Veena never mix but with you, you make me so mad but I can't stop think about you. Plus you're so y-"

"I'm twenty six, I'll be twenty seven in a few months."

"Yeah well I'm thirty five. One day you'll find someone younger and more beautiful than me and I'm not in the mood for that type of heartache. One day my boobs will drop-"

"I love your boobs."

"You're not listening, Christopher!"

"No, you're not listening. I love you, Veena. Not your age, not your wild boobs thought or any other. I fell in love with the way you take care of your loved ones, how you always put them before you. This mean part is just a ruse. You're the most caring, loving and heard working woman I know."

"Even when I was mean to you?" Veena felt herself falling for this man, her heart was softening, her walls were coming down slowly.

"You were just testing me to see if I was alright." He hugged her body close to his, kissing her gently. "I honestly can't love anyone else. It has to be you and don't ask me why because I don't have the answer. All I know is it's you and only you."

Veena looked at him for a long time, gazing into his eyes. "Make me your wife one day, okay?" He nods his head. "Of course. I'll be the best husband." They both kissed. "Wife, huh?" He teased her but she pushed him away. "You ruined it."

"I'm sorry." He laughed as she walked away. "Don't follow me, pretty boy."

~

Alaire sat on her fiance's lap. "What? You held that in for so long? I'm so sorry baby." She had told him about her stupid thought about him cheating that day. She laughed, shaking her head. "No, I trusted you the next day. I can't live my life like that. I moved on."

Lucian kissed her hand. "I'm glad you trusted me. I will do everything in my power to make you happy."

The music blasted, causing Emmanuel to get up, rolling his waist. "You don't know nothing about this one, Luca. Join me, my daughter." Alaire laughed, chipping to the beat as she held her father's hand.

Alaire took her heels off, rolling her hips. Lucian felt himself harden at the slightest movement. "Behave yourself boy." Luca slapped his son's head. "Cover yourself up." Veena swayed her hips, joining them on the floor with Chris.

Alaire couldn't have asked for a better birthday. She was surrounded by people she loved and she was engaged for real this time. She felt his arms around her waist as they swayed to the beat. "Eugene has timing." She teased as he nibbled her ear.

"I've got more than that." N'y pense plus started playing, causing her father get wild. "Don't break a hip old man." Luca laughed.

~

Alaire laughed loudly as Lucian threw on the bed. "Did you have fun today?" She nodded, sticking her hand out. "Today was the best day ever." She knelt on the bed, kissing his lips. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." His words were slightly slurred making her smile. Things had gotten a little wild and he had one too many drinks. "Let's get you bathed and in bed." He frowned but followed her orders. "I'm fine."

He wasn't, actually. Lucian vomited, showered and knocked out on the bed next to his fiance. He was a really happy man.