Part 20

Alaire rolled her eyes at she finished getting her makeup done. "I wish I could be home with you." Westly whined. "Same here but don't worry, when I see you, there'll be a big surprise waiting for you."

He hummed in delight. "I bet I know what it would be." Veena laughed softly over at the mirror. "Leave your imagination open~" Both woman busted out laughing as soon as she hung up. "This man is full of himself."

Alaire checked her phone, looking for messages from Lucian. "Don't stress it, tonight will go smoothly, I promise."

~

Friday night, Alaire met up with Lucian to make a plan as none of them were backing out.

~

Flashback~

"So we date for a couple months and break it off. Say it wasn't working." He nodded at the plan but upset that it had to be fake.

"What about your father?" She paused at the mention. "I didn't really think this through, oh gosh. I don't want him hospitalized." He placed his hands on her shoulder. "Would you like it if I spoke to him. I'll be sensitive about the situation."

It would be better that way. He wouldn't even listen to Alaire and want to kill him on the spot for hurting his daughter. "Alright, just, be gentle."

End~

Alaire helped Veena slip into her dark green dress. "Don't worry! Nothing will go wrong, he's not going to back ou-" Her phone started ringing, giving her a panic attack until she saw the name. "Oh, it's Chris. He said he'll call when he got here."

Veena went to open the door for him and it was immediately a cursing match. Putting on her robe, she made her way downstairs. "What's with all the ruckus?" Her eyes instantly saw the problem. They were matching.

"Don't you two look precious! I need a picture of this! Don't go anywhere."

She grabbed her phone seeing a missed call from Lucian and her heart dropped. "Veena get up here!" Her friend dashed up the stairs, looking at her. "He called me, maybe he wanted out of the plan."

"Relax, he probably wanted to know if you were ready." She called him as she paced around the room. "Hello, Lucian, sorry for missing the call, we were getting ready. Oh, you're on your way? Perfect. See you when you get here."

"Help me into this stupid dress!" Lucian doesn't live that far, twenty minutes tops. "You really are working yourself up tonight." Alaire took some deep breaths in as she put the earrings and heels on. "We look stunning."

Looking in the mirror she paused, she really did look beautiful. Her worries melted away as she admired herself. "We do." There was a knock at the door. "Ladies, Mr. Lucian is here." All worries rushed back as she stood in one place. She could do it.

"Pretty boy, get in here." Veena called for Chris. "Could you stop calling me that- wow. You look gorgeous boss lady." She smiled at him. "Thank you."

"Tonight is all about you and you're going to show that no good dog of a man that you are not to be messed with. You are going to walk into the event and show him that you don't need him."

"What if I fold like last time? What then?" She asked, her eyes turning red, feeling the tears prick her eyes. "You have us and we'll help you." Chris smiled hooking his arms. "We'll do this together." Veena grabbed their purses as they head downstairs.

"Sorry for the wait, here she is." His eyes fell on the most enchanting woman he ever laid his eyes upon. "How does she look?" Veena grinned. "Once again there are no words to perfectly describe her."