Part 16

Alaire sat in the car, looking at the apartment. "Just do it. How bad could it be?" She hopped out the car, going up the door, knocking. "Who is it?" A male voice answered. "It's me, Alaire." The door opened and there was Timothy in his boxers and a strange woman behind him. What was actually going on?

"What are you doing here?" He asked, looking around. "Did Veena send you for her things?" He walked back into the room, walking out with a box. "Here, could you tell her that I'm sorry again? I didn't mean for things to end up this way." Without another word, he closed the door leaving Alaire confused. What was going on?

The only place she could think of again is her parents' home. She placed the box in her car, driving off.

~

She rang the doorbell and a few second later, it opened to see Veena's father, Aahan. "Oh! I thought my day would get worse. Please come in my dear." He pulled her in the house, closing the door. Alaire took her shoes off, entering the living room. "Is Veena here, Mr. Baba?" He rolled his eyes.

"She's here, she's eating all my food, using all the hot water, leaving her hair all over the shower. Please talk to her." Alaire chuckled as his wife walked in with a smile. "My daughter!" She grabbed into her a warm embrace. "How have you been?"

"I'm fine Mrs. Ma'n. I just came to drop off this box for Veena and talk to her." Her mother, Prisha sighed deeply. "Did you to have a fight? She has been depressed for a while now but her father doesn't understand." Aahan rolled his eyes.

"What is there to understand, the girl is eating like a hippo."

"She had a bad break up, she quit her job and she and her friend is fighting. It may not sound like the end of the world to you bu-"

"She quit her job? Prisha, why am I now hearing about this! You told me she was on vacation!" Prisha hissed to herself before Aahan looked at Alaire. "Please, whatever she did, it can be fixed. Please take her back." He grabbed her hand smiling. "Please my daughter."

"Stop that, Aahan." His wife slapped his hand. "First it will be the food, then it will be the savings. I'm trying to save us."

"Baba, I need you to- what is she doing here?" Veena walked downstairs, glaring at Alaire. "I'm here to talk to you." Veena folded her arms, looking away. "I don't want anything to do with you."

In the corner of Alaire's eyes, she saw her father praying and crying quietly. "Timothy gave me the box with your things~" Veena looked at her with a frown. "Oh, so you found out."

"Why didn't you tell me anything?" She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Oh, I had plenty of time to tell you. Between checking on you, work and getting cheated on. I had all the time in the world."

Alaire's stomach dropped. "He cheated on you?" She nodded, coming down, taking the box from her hand. "Yeah, he did but it's fine, I didn't really like him."

Prisha walked in with some food. "Go up to her room and talk. I'll bring more later." Veena looked at her best friend before sighing. "Fine, but it won't matter."

~

"He what?!" She screamed at Alaire who had tears in her eyes. "God! I keep crying over this shit. So the wedding is back on and I have an appointment with her next month." What was she to do?

"Enough about me. Tell me what happened between you and Timothy." Veena shrugged leaning on her bed. "Nothing much to tell. I was worried about you that it made him feel abandoned. So he cheated on me with someone."

"I'm so sorry that I caused that. I was so wrapped up in my own world that I wasn't able to see that you had your own baggage." She shrugged. "More fish for me."

"You say that like it's not big deal." Veena nodded. "It's not. I know my worth and no guy is going to make me cry over him. I can be sad but I refuse to cry for a man, unless it's baba."

Alaire held her close to her chest. "Can you find it in that heart of yours to forgive me? I know I don't deserve it but please. You're my only friend that I could count on. You make me so happy and I'll be miserable if I don't have you by my side."

"You sounded really gay there but fine. I forgive you." Veena hugged her with a smile. "What are you going to do with Westly?"

"What I should have done from the beginning. Divorce his bald ass." Veena clapped for joy. "Wonderful. So what about my job?"

Alaire cleared her throat. "Well, someone already took it." Her eyes widened like saucers. "You gave my job away? How could you?"

"I was mad, I'm sorry and I needed the help."

"So what are you going to do with him? Fire him?"

"He's really good at his job and he's got a family to think about. Plus he hasn't done anything to get fired. He's amazing at it." Veena frowned. "Great, just great."

"How about I ask Martin to give you a job as his assistant?" She shook her head. "No, he's already got like three."

"No, one got fired yesterday because she got him the wrong documents then spilled coffee on them." She gasped. "Was it Regina? I bet it was Regina."

A knock echoed throughout the room. "Do you have a job yet?" Aahan called out. "Yes Baba." Was all she said. He cheered, running downstairs. "Prisha. We're free!" 

"He knows he'll miss me."

"I won't!"

"I don't think he will, Veena."

"Yeah, yeah. Now, where should I stay?" She asked, looking directly at me. "Oh! Well, daddy has an old condo he doesn't use. I'm pretty sure he's forgotten about it. There like a 2010 Audi parked in the garage."

"I've completely forgiven you." She said with a grin. "Now make that call with Martin."