Part 17

Alaire~

I walked into my office, feeling much happier until I bumped into Christopher who had two cups of coffee in his hands. "Good morning, what are you doing, just standing outside my door?" He pointed inside to see eyes just glaring back at him.

"I've been here for three minutes straight and it hasn't blinked." He whispered.

All of a sudden, it started moving toward the door, making him run around the corner. Out waked Veena with a frown. "Where did the bitch go?"

"Veena you did not wait here just to scare him." She folded her arms. "But I did. He's lucky that I'm about to start the day. I'll check you later." As soon as she entered the elevator, I called for him. "Is it gone?"

"She's gone, don't worry about her." He handed me the coffee. "Why was she in there?" I grinned. "I have no idea. Let's get to work, shall we." Chris nodded, grabbing the tablet. "You don't really have much appointments today, you have one in thirty minutes. You also have a meeting with Mr. Martin, along with other architects. It will be held after lunch."

"Great. I'm sending you a few files, their departments are written on them. Deliver them for me and get the contract for me on your way back. They'll hand you the documents." Chris nodded, heading out but then stopped.

"What if I see those eyes again?"

"She won't hurt you much, don't be scared of her. She a big teddy bear."

"Much? Bear?" I shooed him away, getting back to my work. My phone chimed and my heart squeezed at the name.

"Hey h-honey? How's it going?" I forced out.

"Nothing much, I sent you flowers the other day on work but you didn't mention it when had got home."

"Oh, must have gotten lost in the mail."

"People loss anything these days." He's right about that.

"But I was really calling to ask you about your father. I wanted to know if you had gotten around to talk to him." And there it is.

"Well no, he's a very busy man himself. He wouldn't stop to just talk to me."

"Yeah right. The man would literally make the earth stop if you had a problem with it." The thought of my father being in the dark about this entire situation made my heart ache but I didn't want his pressure to go home. God knows that he would do if he found out.

"I'm pretty busy around here too but when I get the chance, I'll go to him. Don't worry." Before he could speak to me again, I hung up. For the first time since this situation. I felt light rather than heavy after talking to him.

"So! Where's baby boy?" Veena walked in, folding her arms. "Oh my gosh, leave the guy alone!" She rolled her eyes, sitting down. "Aren't you supposed to be with your new boss?" She nods. "I was until Brenda screwed up. He's yelling at her as we speak so he sent me to get pain killers, his ran out."

She pulled it out her bra, showing me. "He's still yelling at her so I came to check on you. How's Baldy McGee?"

"He's still pestering me about daddy, nothing new."

"How about you just tell baba about all this! He'll settle everything before the next day." I shook my head. "You know him! I'd rather take care of this on my own than get daddy sick again. He's all I have left."

I don't want this to be too much on his heart. He already holds so much hate for Westly, he'll blow a fuse with this one. "I understand, you're looking out for him."

Veena stood to her feet and the doors opened. Christopher stopped in his tracks. "Hello.." Veena snared at the man, bumping into him on her way out. "Watch your back, pretty boy." He looked at me. "Don't worry, she won't hurt you unless I'm around."

"Does this count as workplace bullying?" It does actually. "I'll talk to her, I promise." Soon came my clients. "Please have a seat, Chris, can you bring some drinks for us please?" He mumbled a response before leaving the room again.

~

After my clients left, I took a break then my phone chimed once again, it was daddy.

"So, you won't check in on your old man?" He chuckled.

"I'm sorry daddy, things here have been so hectic and it just got so busy. I'm sorry."

"Nonsense, you're a busy woman with things to do. I just hope that you'll take time off to be healthy. We don't want another incident like that happening." He was right.

"I'm on my break right now. What are you doing?" In the background, things were moving. "Well, I didn't want to tell you this but your old man fell on his good hip."

"What?! Daddy what were you doing?! Is anyone there with you? Do you want me to take time off and take care of you? I'm coming right now."

"Easy there! I've hired a nurse to take care of me. She's a mighty fine one at that, reminds me of your late mother. Curves in all the right places!"

"Daddy stop talking about the lady and mom like that." He laughed. "Fine. They have me using a cane, like some sort of cripple. Can you believe that?"

"You should be lying down." Daddy huffed.

"I'm young, I've still got some juice in me, I'll lie down when I'm dead."

"Daddy stop talking like that and listen to the nurse, don't give any trouble either." He mumbled something but I didn't pick it up. "I just didn't want you to worry when you saw me with the cane at the birthday party."

"Wait, you're going? No! Stay at home and rest."

"You are the child, I am the parent and I say, I go. Plus I wouldn't be on my feet all the time, I'll be sitting. Luca is my friend and I will be there."

Maybe I was worrying too much about the situation. "Fine, I just want you to take care of your health daddy, I want you around for a long time."

"Why? You want to clean shitty diapers?"

"Daddy! Stop joking, I'm serious. Take care of yourself. I love you."

"Fine! I'll take care of myself. I love you more, my everything, take care."

"Boss lady? The meeting is about to begin, we should get going." Let's get this over with.