Part 48

Veena sat at the table, looking through the menu, humming. "What do we want to eat?" She asked herself until someone cleared their throat. She ignored it at first until the person cleared their throat loudly. 

"May I help you?" She looked up to see a very familiar man looking at her with a smile. "How are you? I haven't seen you in four years." She paused, looking at him up and down. "I'm sorry, remind me who you are again?"

The man looked at her shocked but she was genuinely confused. "It's me, Timothy. Your ex boyfriend." It took her a minute but she gasped. "Wow! Timothy, how are you?" She leaned on the table with a grin.

He looked terrible. "I'm good, I'm making music again and single." She nodded. "That is great. I'm happy for you."

"What about you? Are you seeing anyone these days?" Her brow raised. "Why?" Timothy shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe we can catch up on what we missed. We can probably give us another try-" 

Veena started laughing to the point her stomach hurt. "Never going to happen. I am never going to get back with your ass."

"Veena, I'm sorry for what I did back then." She nodded her head. "That may be true but I've moved on a long time ago. I'm happily married." Timothy frowned, scanning her fingers. "Married?"

She nodded, holding her necklace up, showing her rings. "Why do you have them around your neck?" He asked. Christopher walked into the store, scanning the place for his wife, spotting her talking to a man who he assumed was the waiter.

"I'm not wearing it right now because my fingers are a little swollen at the moment." Christopher walked up to her with a smile. "Hey baby, how are you guys doing?" Veena smiled at him. "We're fine but I think I want to eat at the diner across the road. Here seems a little too crowded."

Timothy made eye contact with Christopher who only nodded in his direction. "Love, this is Timothy, the ex boyfriend I told you about all those years ago. He was just stopping to say hello." Veena smiled as Christopher helped her out the seat.

Timothy's eyes widened, seeing her swollen stomach. "She's kicking a lot these days." She looked over at her ex. "Good seeing you again." Before he could reply to her, Chris walked off with his wife.

~

~

Alaire's heels clicked as she walked down the halls of her new building. Lucian gave her own company for their wedding anniversary as it was her dream. Her art project she made all those years ago, he decided to make it a reality. "Morning boss." Chris smiled, walking up to her with a smile. "Hey! How's Veena and the baby?" He smiled wide. "They are doing fine. Due in a few weeks."

"I can't wait! She looks so adorable pregnant but she doesn't believe me. When I was carrying Lucas and Aden, I looked horrible." She shuddered at the memories. "You looked beautiful." She rolled her eyes at him. "Of course you would say that."

"I bet Lucian would agree with me. Where is he these days?" She sat in her office. "Since he took over daddy's company and his, he's been super busy. I haven't seen him in two weeks because he's trying to find a way to work out all the details."

After they came back from their honeymoon, Alaire found out she was pregnant a few months later and they were so happy. She had a smooth pregnancy and made two beautiful boys who look exactly like their father.

After she had the boys, Veena and Christopher decided that they wanted to get married and her baba was over the moon. He paid for the entire wedding with Alaire as a gift. Veena and Christopher had sex in the bathroom of their reception and got her pregnant.

"Where are the boys?"

"With their grandfathers. They took them to the gold course they built. Luca said that they were teaching them the ropes."

"Aren't they two?" She nodded. "I tried convincing them to start of with maybe spelling their names but they insisted on golf."

The phone started ringing and she picked it up. "Hello, Achebe's Builds, this is Alaire speaking."

"Hey baby, I missed you. How are the boys?" Lucian spoke on through tiredly. Her heart broke slightly. "How are you feeling baby? You want me to bring something for you? How much sleep did you get?" His chuckle made her smile.

"I'm fine right now. I just ate something and I'm going to take a power nap. "I just wanted to hear your voice before I dozed off."

"What happened to your personal phone?"

"Dead. I just put it on the charger." She hummed. "Please sleep, I'll call you tonight when you wake up. I love you."

"I love you too baby." They hung up and Christopher walked back in the room with her schedule. "Meetings upong meetings. Nothing out of the ordinary. Alright then. Work hard."

~

Later that night, she walked into her home, going straight up to bed, she was exhausted but then she remembered that she had to call her husband. Alaire pulled her phone out, dialing her husband's number.

A groan came from behind her, making her scream loudly. She switched the lights on to find Lucian passed out on the bed. "What are you doing here?!" He placed the pillow over his head. "Quiet please baby, I'm so tired."

Alaire held her chest. "Where's your car?"

"At work, too tired to drive, got a cab." She turned the lights off, taking her clothes off, heading in the shower.

When she came out, he was still passed out. "My poor baby." She kissed his head, laying next to him but he shifted on her stomach, gripping her waist. He finally felt calm.

"Sleep well baby."

~

The next morning, she woke up to see Lucian still sleeping on her stomach. She rubbed his head and face. He groaned loudly, cuddling her body. "Sleep. Sleep." She rolled her eyes, laying there for a few minutes until she fell back asleep.

When she woke up, he was between my legs. "I missed my wife so much." His kissed slowly started went down her legs until he touched her pussy. "oH GREAT HEAVENS!" They both flew up to see her father with the boys.

"Daddy!"

"I thought he was still at work and the boys missed you!" She wanted to die of embarrassment. "My boys!!" Lucian took the twins in his arms, kissing them. "I'm going home now." Alaire was about to explain herself but Emmanuel shook his head. 

"No, let me go home." He kissed the boys goodbye, leaving the house. Lucian looked at his wife trying not to laugh. "At least you had your clothes on. He'll come around soon." She smacked his head, walking out the room.