Part 19

Alaire~

"I spoke to daddy today, like you wanted." His eyes opened wide. "You did? What did he say?" We were at the house. "He said that he'll think about it." I lied. "Ok, that's great." A few more seconds of silence, he looked at me. 

"This weekend, I'll be super busy with work, I don't think I'll be home, is that alright?" He'd be at the birthday bash with Alissa. "Yeah, that's fine, I'll be at work this weekend too." He looked at me concerned. "Why? Is Martin giving you a lot of work?"

He's such a bitch. "No, don't be concerned. I just wanted to put in a little extra work that's all." 

~

~

"That son of a bitch actually believed that?" Veena smirked, looking through the dresses. "He's one clueless jackass...What about this one?" I held a blue dress up to my body and she gasped. "Your skin would be glowing in that. Go try it on."

"Then we can get you guys' outfit after." I suggested. "I've bought mine already." The both replied at the same time. I could almost feel the glares they were giving each other.

Third Person~

Christopher huffed, leaning back on the chair. "We've been here for two hours! How can you ladies find nothing?" He drank the champagne. "Be a good boy and be quiet." She turned to the closed curtains with her arms crossed. 

"Okay, I don't think this is the one." Veena frowned her eyebrows. "What? Come on, that dress it gorgeous." She stepped out and everyone's mouths fell. "It's a little revealing for my taste." Both Veena and Chris looked at each other, unable to speak.

"Are we seeing the same dress on the same body?" He nodded. "I know my opinion won't matter but you looks stunning, boss lady." Their compliments made her smile even more. She looked at herself in the mirror once more. "I look sexy."

"Damn right you do. Let's pay for this and get out of here. I told Martin I had diarrhea." Christopher gave her a strange look before walking off. "Is K-pop judging me?" Alaire shook her head. "Not today."

When they arrived at the company there were two people waiting there for her and she didn't want to see any of them. Lucian held flowers in his hands and Alissa looked impatient. "Finally, you're here, our appointment started thirty minutes ago."

Alaire looked at the time then back at her. "It's 4:30, our appointment is at five, Miss Benjamin, I do have other priorities to handle so please have my assistant show you the way until our time to meet."

Lucian couldn't believe what he was seeing. She's helping the woman who's sleeping with her husband. "You stare a lot, you know that?" Alissa grinned at him but he didn't return it. "Mr. Appius, is there a reason you're here?"

Christopher glanced at the flowers in his hands, thinking that he was Mr. Knight in shinning armour and instantly got upset. Was he the man making boss lady cry? "I just wanted to come see how you were doing."

He was! Chris had confirmed it. "Oh! Is he your boyfriend?" Alissa asked. "Ms. Benjamin please, the waiting room is waiting for you. Christopher, please." Without another word, he took Alissa away. 

"Can we talk in your office?" She really didn't want him here. "Can this wait?" Lucian shook his head. "No, Alaire, it really can't. I want your forgiveness."

"Listen, you showed me something that I needed to see. You should have done it in a better way, sure but I know the truth now."

"The miscarriage. I made you lose your baby, that's something so unforgiveable." He was right but was she upset? Not really. She would have had a cheater's baby and they would have to share custody. "You're right, I lost my baby but I don't think things would have been any different if they were here."