Part 14

Alaire~

Westly kissed me once more. "Please call me and don't over work yourself. Martin might give you a next month off." I decided to keep everything a secret and live my life as best as I could with Westly. I was willing to bury it all.

"Tonight I'll plan something special for us." He kissed me before getting into his car. "I love you with all my heart." He grinned. "I love you with all of mine." Since that day, Veena hasn't called to apologize or even texted me.

For all I know, she blocked me.

~

Entering the building, I wasn't getting a lot of stares so that was good. "Good, the woman of the hour is here." Martin grinned at me, dropping a load of files in my arms. "Perfect timing, you have a meeting with Mr. DeLuna and his wife at nine. They want you to build them their dream home to raise their cats and whatnot."

"Don't you mean raise their children?" He looked at me for a few seconds before laughing out loudly at my statement. "Sweetie, rich people don't raise children. They adopt them and have their maids raise them and just take pictures like they're a family."

He placed a flash drive on top of everything. "They slip up a few times and have kids but it still works out with the maid situation." Placing a small smile on his face, he shook his head. "You still have much to learn about these people. Now get to work."

"Wait, what about my new P.A? I requested one a week ago." Martin snapped his fingers. "I completely forgot that. He's in your office waiting for you. I already gave him the run down on how everything works, your welcome. I have a meeting with our board members in five so I best be on my way."

He? I asked for a woman. "You-"

"Ok bye." He walked off, heading to his meeting. "Well alright then." Walking to my office, I heard someone clear their throat. "Good morning, my name is Christopher Bang and I'll be your new P.A." An Australian accent echoed in the room.

There he stood with an adorable smile, his dimples peeked throat. He wore round glasses and around my height. He wore a white shirt, his sleeves rolled up and black trousers. His hands fidgeted, looking everywhere but my eyes. "Hello, Christopher, I assume you already know the work so let's get down to it."

He nodded, walking up to my desk. "I already set out all your appointments for this week, your emails have been arranged by appointments and their respected times and I also-" He handed me a large coffee. "Had a coffee ordered for you along with a bagel. Mr. Martin says you don't eat well in the morning."

"Thank you, that's really thoughtful." He gave a shy smile, stepping away from the desk. "What time did you even get here to have all this done?" Christopher shrugged. "I think around five? I was nervous for being late on my first day."

Poor kid.

"Alright, rule number one, I don't overwork my P.A unless needed, rule number two disrespectful attitudes result in firing, rule number three is opinions: they do matter and I'm open to hear them and rule number four, don't come in too early or late. I truly appreciate what you did but I don't want you to overwork yourself. You look fresh out of college. What are you? twenty four?"

"I-I am." Sighing, I handed him the company card. "Since you already did all you need to do for the hour, go get something to eat and when you get back, I want these files go up the the marketing team. Can you do that?"

He nodded his head eagerly, taking the card from me. "Thank you, I'll do my best." He left the room, leaving me in my thoughts. The last time I was here, I humiliated myself. I cringed at the thought. My phone chimed and it was none other than my husband. A small smile spread across my face before picking up.