Eight: I still have no dad

When she touched my hand

When she touched my hand. I swear I felt something stirring inside me.

Melanie was really not getting anything. Annabeth kept getting annoyed with her over the past few days, because of Melanie her lack of concentration skills during Ancient Greek classes.

After Melanie her mood would be completely ruined she would rotate between outdoor activities.

Well, Melanie started with canoeing, she ended up screaming and running away from the water. So Melanie her dad wasn't a god of canoeing, thank my mum.

Later that same day, after she calmed down. She tried foot racing. Melanie had no idea what that meant, but she sucked as she tripped over her own feet.

Apparently the boy that said goodnight the day before, was Justin. The one that actually needed the clean the cabins. He played a prank on her. She punched him.

Chiron was surprised and wrote something on his notepad. "Maybe, a child of Ares?" She heard him mutter. Later that same day she asked Justin who his dad was. He only shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, but I know that I can heat you up."

He left a fucking hole in her t-shirt.

That night she prayed to the gods that Ares wasn't her dad.

The next day, pissed off Annabeth again. Apparently, Athena liked grapes or something? Well, sorry for not having that basic knowledge.

So after her daily outburst with Annabeth, Chiron dragged Melanie towards the wrestling class.

She was not excited for this.

The dyed hair dude, smiled at her as she entered the mat. "I will go easy on you," Melanie wasn't convinced.

Well, she lost.

So, wrestling wasn't her thing either.

So, on Wednesday Melanie found herself at the archery class. That volleyball girl was her teacher.

"Alright, so I heard you suck at everything. Show me what you got." Ava said with her arms crossed. Melanie rolled her eyes. "Gee, thanks." She just gave Melanie the bow and guided her to the stand.

Melanie tried to recall her memories from the movies. How did Katniss Everdeen shoot?

Her hands were trembling as she tried to steady her bow. Thank Chiron for giving Melanie a private class with Ava, because the next thing she knew the arrow made a weird sound and fell on the ground a centimeter before her as she tried to shoot it.

"Great." Ava said sarcastically. She stepped closer and touched Melanie her arm.

Melanie tensed at the feeling of somebody in her personal space, she immediately stepped back away from the Apollo girl.