Eleven: I almost turned into a pretty statue

My hearth keeps beating, so that means I am still alive

Melanie was not excited to see Percy his nostrils as she woke up. He was bent over her head, mummering something to Annabeth.

"You felt it too, right?" Melanie couldn't hear the response that was given, but she tapped Percy his hand. "Starfish, you got a little something there." Percy jumped off her in response. "Oh, you're awake!" He quickly brushed away his snot, giving her a small smile.

"Yes?" She mumbled, tugging onto his sleeve. He got her message, and carefully helped her up.

She held her hand over her own chest. "My hearth is still beating, so it's okay." I am still alive.

She didn't feel any pain, just empty.

"Want me to come closer? Your heart might stop beating." Annabeth said from behind her. Melanie turned around. "Yeah, from shock. My heart doesn't know how to process an ugly face like that."

That's a lie, Melanie.

Annabeth was very pretty.

The Daughter of Athena her face dropped. "Right, you might want to stay away from me. I don't want to die because of your shitty loyalty."

In other circumstances, Melanie would have laughed at how bad their comebacks were, but now she was just offended.

"Well- "

"Let's keep moving." Grover piped up nervously, sensing the heated conversation.

Annabeth grumbled something but stood up.

"You, okay?" Percy mumbled into her ear, when they started walking. Her eyes were focused on the back of the grey eyed girl, who was walking next to Grover.

She seemed happy. The blond-haired girl was making big gestures and talking about something she must have really loved to Grover.

"Yeah, fine."

She wasn't fine. Something felt off.

"You sure? You had some sort of an attack."

Melanie tried not to show her emotions. The man her voice echoed in her head.

'Finally, you used your powers'

"I guess I am just tired, that's all." She tried to end the conversation, but Percy didn't get the hint. "The man isn't bothering you, right?" Melanie rubbed on her sleeve, uncomfortable.

"No, of course not." She lied.

Melanie sensed her own lie, no matter how good it was. Percy would never know when she lied.

And that was making her sick.

Percy glanced at Annabeth and then at Melanie. "You know, Annabeth has never left the camp. Not since she was seven." Melanie her eyes widened. "Maybe, slack off a little bit on her." Percy murmured.