One: in between my deadly summers

She finally had someone who could relate

The tenth of September

I wasn't really getting it, I think. My thighs were already screaming for help with my crouching style. Like, help? My gaze shifted from guard to guard from out of my hiding spot between the garbage bins. Wasn't the best choice. I looked down at my watch. Six minutes. Precious seconds that I had to spend with careful thinking. A chill went over my body as a cold wind passed by. Strands of my dark-hair tickled my cheeks as I leaned forward. The rays of moonlight greeted me when I hung half out ofmy hiding spot. It was time.

MELANIE

Stood on the well-known cliff. The horrors of the Fields of Punishment displayed in front of her. Her gaze was stuck on the sinners. An invisible force made it impossible for her to move. And that's how she had spent the time away from Camp Half-Blood. Every night forced to watch her father's realm.

It was honestly concerning how she was getting used to the screams.

A cold wind brushed past her, a voice hummed a soft melody. She was all too familiar with the sound of him. She didn't flinch when she felt the body of her father appear next to her. He, too, watched the Fields.

"Beautiful isn't it?" He mumbled.

Melanie tried to tear her gaze off a woman whose body exploded into millions of bloody pieces. But she couldn't, she watched it over and over.

"I think your definition of beauty and mine is different."

He chuckled, a weird sound in the dark atmosphere. "Of course it is, darling." She shuddered at the chill that ran through her body.

"How's your mother?" She could hear the grin on his face.

"She's fine." Melanie spoke the truth. She had come by one more time since the day Hestia had been in the garden. The goddess hadn't been there, but there had been a red rose on the doorstep. Her father hummed. "Terrible woman."

She raised her eyebrows and finally managed to look away. Her father's face was handsome and gave a mysterious look in the shadows of the amber stones behind him. "I don't get it." She said.

He shook his head and made a sign for her to follow him.

The stones under her feet rolled down the steep cliff. She slowly and carefully managed to get down the cliff without falling to her death.

There she stood. In the middle of the Field.

"It all started when I laid my eyes on her." He started. Some sinners looked at them in envy as she walked by. But they were brutally murdered. A head rolled near her feet and her father kicked it away. Melanie didn't even act surprised by his actions. Her father was disgusted by the people in the Fields.