Twelve A: Percy lets out a huge fart

It feels wrong

It feels wrong

the Ninth of June

MELANIE

was holding on the boat straps for dear life. "Thermos!" Percy screamed.

"What?" Annabeth her voice cracked, her hair flying right into Melanie's face. She sputtered and tried to get some vision but the wind wasn't stopping.

Tyson handed Percy the thermos.

"Hang on!" Percy yelled at them.

"I'm hanging on you moron!" Minji screamed.

"Tighter!"

Minji grasped the strings tighter and Tyson grabbed the back of their t-shirts.

Percy gave the thermos cap a quarter turn. Instantly, a white sheet of wind jetted out of the thermos and propelled them sideways, turning their downward plummet into a forty-five-degree crash landing. The wind seemed to laugh as it shot from the thermos, like it was glad to be free. As they hit the ocean, they bumped once, twice, skipping like a stone, then they were whizzing along like a speed boat, salt spray in their faces and nothing but sea ahead.

Melanie sputtered and spat out the sea of water. THe Princess Andromeda faded in the background.

"We need to let Chiron know what Luke is doing." Annnabeth said after a while.

Percy and the blonde huddled together to make a pretty rainbow. Minji was writing something in some sort of book.

"What are you doing?' Melanie asked her.

"Poetry."

Oh.

"Nice."

They got the iris-message working.

Chiron, his face appeared all right, but there was some kind of weird strobe light flashing in the background and rock music blaring, like he was at a dance club. They told him about sneaking away from camp, and Luke and the Princess Andromeda and the golden box for Kronos's remains, but between the noise on his end and the rushing wind and water on our end,

she wasn't sure how much he heard.

"Percy," Chiron yelled, "you have to watch out for-" His voice was drowned out by loud shouting behind him-a bunch of voices whooping it up like Comanche warriors. "What?" Percy yelled.

"Curse my relatives!" Chiron ducked as a plate flew over his head and shattered somewhere out of sight.

"Annabeth, you shouldn't have let Percy leave camp! But if you do get the Fleece-"

"Yeah, baby!" somebody behind Chiron yelled. "Woo-hoooooo!" The music got cranked up, subwoofers so loud it made our boat vibrate. "-Miami," Chiron was yelling. "I'll try to keep watch-" Their misty screen smashed apart like someone on the other side had thrown a bottle at it, and Chiron was gone.