Sixteen B: my identity and archery lessons

I don't know if  I'm ready for the truth of who I am

I don't know if  I'm ready for the truth of who I am. The monster I will become

Melanie was not really excited to tell Annabeth about her encounter. But she did it anyway.

"So do you have any idea who it is?" Melanie said after telling her experience of dying. Annabeth seemed to think about it for a moment, but shook her head. "Not really, I do think you were at the field of punishments. Full of broken souls."

"So? Who rules over it? He did hint that he did that."

Annabeth shook her head again, she seemed not interested in saying her thoughts. "Hades and Persephone. But that makes no sense. They have no kids, and don't look like you described your father."

Melanie fumbled with her hands. "So, we're back at square one. No information about my father." She mumbled .

Annabeth shook her head. "I will find it out for you."

The elevator doors opened and they stepped in the biggest arcade she had ever seen. "Wow." Melanie mumbled.

"See you!" Annabeth her eyes glinted and she ran off to some random Tetris game.

Melanie visited numerous stations. She snowboarded, laser tagged and played football when her eyes fell on another station.

A zombie shooting game. A boy a little younger than her occupied one stool. Melanie walked over and took place in the other.

"My sister sits there, she is coming soon." He looked over at her. His black hair hung before his eyes, his skeleton shirt and black clothes made him look a little emo, she had to admit. His black eyes watched her curiously before he focused back on the game.

"One game." Melanie said as she pressed play. "Fine," He mumbled.

Melanie had fun shooting those zombies, but she felt a presence behind her. A girl around her eyes looked at her. "Nico, who is this?" She looked Melanie up and down. Her brown hair was tied up in a ponytail and it was around the same colour as Melanie's.

"She wanted to play a game." The boy mumbled.

"Hi, I'm Melanie." Melanie ended her game and stood up. Slightly towering the girl. "Bianca,' The girl mumbled and quickly sat down in Melanie her chair.

"Uhm, I was still playing." Melanie stated. The girl and the boy both didn't respond, they just stared at the screen like real life zombies.

Weird.

But Melanie still wanted to play the game, so she just tapped the girl on the shoulder. "Excuse you, I was playing this game." Bianca didn't look up. "Was, is correct yes." Melanie got some weird shivers from her monotone voice.

"You're weird, talk normal."

"You're weird, you talk weird."

"I do not."