Ten: A talk much needed

When I told you the truth, I felt like I could breathe again

When I told you the truth, I felt like I could breathe again .

Melanie was not really in the mood to tell Percy her secret. But she felt like she needed to be honest with him.

She found him alone in his cabin doing.... Nothing.

He was sitting on his bed with that horn in his hand. He looked up the moment she came in.

"You were weird." Melanie stood in front of Percy with her arms crossed. "What?" He looked up confused. "Giving me a look."

"Are you sure you want to go?" Percy looked very... sad? He was fumbling with his hands.

"Yes, I am sure. Are you trying to be mean to me or something so it will hurt less?" Melanie sat down next to him.

He didn't respond.

"Percy?"

"Fine, yes." He pouted at her. "What if one of us dies?" Melanie rolled her eyes. "We are not stupid enough to die."

A slow smile started to appear on his face.

"Alright," Percy stood up. "Let's go." He started walking away, but Melanie grabbed his hand.

"Wait, I need to tell you something." Melanie let the words slip out of her mouth.

He walked back towards Melanie and sat down again. "What do you need to tell?" Melanie was surprised by the attitude of Percy, he wasn't joking around like usual. He seemed serious.

"You know why I am afraid of thunder and loud noises?" Melanie asked, looking at her hands. "No."

"One night, a face appeared in my window. A voice sounded in my head saying that I will remember him. He never left my mind again." Percy looked at her.

"Normally I would say it was just a nightmare, but now anything is possible." His hand gently grasped Melanie her hand. "Did he bother you?"

Melanie nodded. "He told me to kill you." Percy his mouth fell open, his eyes widened. "What?" His hand let go of her hand.

Melanie couldn't blame him. "He told me that you had to pay for what you have done. The worse thing it that I felt like he was telling the truth." Melanie looked at Percy his scared face. "Not the killing part." She added. Percy let out a breath.

"Why?"

"It started after we left Grover at the station. I tried to supress it, but than he made me feel so much pain. I had to scream, that's when I passed out." Percy seemed to think. "The panic attack Luke was talking about?"

Melanie nodded. "It was just me feeling so much pain." Percy his hand found hers again. "I am so sorry. I don't know how to fix it."

"It's okay. I don't feel much pain, only a sting some times." He still looked pretty worried. "Does anybody know?"