Ten: yay, whoop whoop, let's go, slay!

My little pony

My little pony

the Ninth of June

TIM

I was crouched behind the wooden box. I strained my neck, trying to see through the small creaks.

Next to me was Ava, knocking the arrow on her bow without making any sound. Justin laid his hand on the fuse, concentrating.

It was time to blow this part of the camp up.

~~

The eight of June

MELANIE

smiled at her boyfriend but it didn't quite reach her eyes. He had his backpack slung over his shoulder. "Alright, I'm off." He grinned down at her. "I'll be back in no time, with the Fleece."

She chuckled without much humor. "Before you go..." She gripped his arm. "Why did you oppose Percy going on the quest?"

You see, Matthew was her boyfriend. But, Percy was her best friend. She had her priorities and she didn't like it if someone messed with her best friend. Matthew his smile faded and he ran a  hand through his curly hair. The sun bathed his skin in some sort of glow. He looked handsome.

No, get back to the topic.

"He had his chance last year and everyone here at camp deserves it."

"He saved camp last year, why shouldn't he do it again?" Melanie didn't get him.

"That was pure luck, we all are trained for it much longer." He gripped his backpack tighter. "Look, just stay at camp and don't get in trouble with that Tantalus guy, you've been acting up lately and his patience is running out." He leaned down. "Okay?" He went in for a kiss but Melanie moved her head to the side. He pouted at her. "What's wrong?"

"Tantalus deserves it and I don't get in trouble." She shook her head. "What don't you get?"

He moved his hand to his jaw and sighed. "Look, I don't know what you're thinking about lately but these are not some childish games we're playing at camp." He titled his head. "Is your father talking to you again?"

She scoffed. "Don't you think I know that?" She stepped closer. "I almost died last summer, I know what it's like!" He placed his finger on her lips and smiled. "I know that, let's forget about it." He adjusted his backpack on his shoulders again. "So, I'm off."

It didn't sit right with her that he played it off like that.

He leaned forward. "A kiss for good luck?"

She rolled her eyes and stood on her tip-toes to kiss him softly on his lips. "See you."

Melanie waved him off.