chapter 3 - oops, i'm doomed

2016, SEOUL
8:45 PM

I remember I slept the afternoon away when I get here. Now, I am woken up by the sound of the loud honking of the vehicles randomly passing outside the house, the clock hanging on the wall displays, 8:45 in it.

Flashbacks of earlier events that take place in a day of my life begin playing like a trailer in the movies. I span out of bed and run down the stairs at an incredible speed only to find the same place we're in a while ago empty. Wondering where that boy could be, my stomach rumbles. I cannot recall the last time I ate something, it's probably back at Jong's shop or maybe the meal I had at the plane that's given freely. But now, my stomach craves for more.

And oh, I live with a boy, whom I have to serve for because I'm his helper, I need to cook him dinner because he'll be home any minutes by now.

I think I just needed to make a good impression and if I would want to do that, I need to make use of the time now.

I am about to rummage the fridge for vegetables or meat I can cook but a note on the fridge that has my name on it big enough for me to notice catches my attention.

I read it.

         To N; i left this note bec we came back here to give you this phone, thought you'd might want to use this. it's an old one, also, go to the cupboard and get the money in an envelope, pls add those to the house's budget

I smiled when I felt how lucky this guy could be to have a mother as thoughtful as her.

       By the way, my son's name is Yoongi. I forgot to tell you that. If you need anything call me on the telephone, there's our number listed on the  directory, skim on it to find Min's Residence.

That's the end of the note, I unpin it and stuff it inside my pocket. I remember the envelope she directs me about, I open the cupboard and see a thick white envelope just at the edge of it.

So my boss's name is Yoongi? Where did I hear it before? Memorization of strange names just isn't my thing, but I knew very well somewhere in the corner of my tongue, I can recall where or who owns that name, I just can't get to say to it.

What was Kate's boyfriend's name again? Even if she tells me a story of their trip together, she never mentions the name to me. Only that day when they visited us back in Canada, they were introduced once and I never get to repeat the name in my mouth again.

I try to recall it but nothing clicks, and I don't have the luxury to waste any seconds further knowing my boss is going to come around soon.

I take my time to wash myself before doing anything else just so I don't smell bad when I meet him. After that, I proceed to open another cupboard that's silently wishing for me to be opened that I basically wish to find something to cook.

And damn, these kitchen cupboards are hopeless.

No food, even those in cans that are just convenient to get you through your day aren't stored here. Doesn't he go buy groceries for him to consume?

I notice the fridge when I realized the cupboard isn't making my mood tonight, as it is, the only thing that bears me hope.

I open it, and contain the feeling that's hurting my head as much as possible at the moment.

I don't know where to place the extreme frustration when I saw the useless condition of the fridge, it's as useless as my life, and I mentally laugh at the sarcasm.

What will you cook using beers and junk food? I swear I'll hit that Yoongi in the forehead when I see him. I want to call her Mom to report, but I didn't think that is a good thing to do.