Chapter 19 - Sweet & Sorrow ◆

I felt a bit woozy lying on the bed inside a cold and dark room that isn't familiar to me. It must have already been twilight when I woke up. I surveyed the entire place-- empty.

The laptop was left on at the top of the bedside table. Someone could've left it there not so long ago.

I jolted upward upon feeling a tight squeeze in my stomach. Something strange was up.

The moment took me by surprise when the tight knot was followed by a bitter taste of vomit that exploded coming right out of my mouth. Unfortunately, I wasn't quick enough to cover my mouth at hand. But good thing I let it out on the floor. Damn it, it would be trouble if it was in bed.

At a later time, the door sounds open.

Yoongi was gaping at me while holding the glass of water he was about to drink.

"Water. I need water." I whispered in my breath.

He came to me, offering the glass he was holding.

I drank it empty before he could stop me. The water feels good in my throat, it makes me alive and replenished, totally extinguishing.

Yoongi cleared his throat beside me which took me out of my dream.

"Uhm, do you want more?" He said asking.

He slightly cringed his nose upon smelling the bad odor that started to resurface inside the room.

"No, thanks. I think I'm having a headache." I answered him quietly.

"Wait here, I'll get you a medicine." He went out of the door bringing the glass with him.

Good. He's extra kind today.

As I moved my feet to stand up, I noticed the sore pain in between my legs.

Sore. Why am I sore?!

Soon, Yoongi came back with the maid beside him. He reached his hands to me to offer the pill and the glass of water. I took both.

Meanwhile, the maid behind him came forward and started to wipe away the vomit on the ground. I watched her as she expertly mopped the floor over and over, leaving it clean and shiny as it was before.

Good thing it isn't a carpeted one.

When she was satisfied, she took the spray from the small pocket of her apron and sprayed it in the entire room. The scented ambience of the room somewhat comforted my vague state.

By just watching the maid walking out of the door, guilt filled my consciousness. I mean, it made me guilty for some reason. It occurs that I should be the one doing that. I am supposed to be the maid for God's sake. But due to the unexpected turn of events that were happening in my life these past few weeks, I got carried away. I came to forget my original intention.

"Aren't you gonna drink that?" Yoongi voiced out. He sits down on the bed with me, fishing out the medicine in my hand.

"Ah." He demanded.

Without a single doubt, I opened my mouth. His finger touched the lower part of my lip as he brought the pill in. I made a grimace when I tasted the medicine.

He caught the glass for me to drink it. When I almost drink half, I pushed the glass to tell him it's enough. He returns the glass on the table and switches his attention back to me.

Yoongi and I share a heavy stare for a moment, making scrutiny with each other.

It took me a moment to comprehend what had happened.