Chapter 16 - Converse Tie ◆

Yoongi

I felt a burning sensation inside my chest. I woke up feeling a little bit dizzy. My lips are dry, my throat is thirsty, my eyes are a little bit blur. What's happening to me?

My surrounding went clear as I forced my eyes open. Mom came toward me, stroking my head.

"Uri adeul, gwenchana?" Mom asked me. I nodded at her. I don't feel like talking to her right now. My heart is searching for someone else. But I can't seem to find what I was looking for.

How did I get here? And what happened to me? Why am I at the hospital?

"Umma, where is N?" I asked casually.

She faced me pathetically.

"She's not here Yoongi. She doesn't know what happened. And I guess it's better not to tell her. Good thing Minju found you at your house. If she hadn't, you're probably dead right now. You lost much blood."

Minju came toward my bed, sitting beside me.

When I saw her, everything rushes back in my memory. Including what had just recently happened, I mustered up the courage to tell Mom what I need to tell her. It's time to face the truth. It's time for my plan to work.

"Mom, we will be disclosing the engagement." I don't care what she'll react. As long as I informed her, it's none of my business if she'll care or not.

"Yoongi!" Mom threathened. Shock and disappointment was dwelling on her face. Minju looked at me and to Mom. She bowed her head when she saw Mom's unamused expression.

"Mom, please. We've already talked about this." Mom was looking at me with a serious and devastated face.

I know she's very much disappointed right now but what could she do? I'm doing this for her sake, not just for my own. Actually, I'm doing this for the family. What else there is to say?

"What about N?" She mentioned her name in front of Minju. The worst is, in front of me. I don't want to hear that name. I don't think I could recover if I ever continue looking after her. She didn't even bother coming here to see me. But Mom didn't inform her. Guess, my Mom should take the blame.

"What's with her Mom? She's nothing to do with this. She has nothing to do with my life." I said. Trying to swallow the hard lump in my throat. It hurts saying those words. It cuts deep.

"Minju, can you leave us alone for awhile please? My son and I are going to talk about something important." Mom plastically smiled at her. I know Minju felt it, she's not as stupid as you think she is. She strode out of the room. She left, closing the door slowly, careful not to create a sound.

Mom kept silent until Minju was completely out of the hearing perimeter.

"Son, I like N for you. Why don't you just go for her?" Mom explained.

You have no idea how Mom's words hurt me. Every time, every time I think about her, I shut down. When will I stop doing that?

"Mom, she doesn't like me. And please, Minju was the first person I knew, she's the first person I liked."

"I don't like her son. I don't want her to be a part of our family. She's odd and all." Mom groaned in between her furious state. "I don't like her."

"Mom, I wasn't born to please you." I guess it's time to be back into a rude and stubborn Yoongi again.

Without making a sound, she wiped the tears that were staining her face.

"Mom, we've already talked about this. It's either you wouldn't see me or allow me to propose to her." I gave Mom two options to choose from.