Chapter 6 - Scrambled Egg with Cheese ◆

The rude blaring of the alarm clock cut me off from dreaming. I slapped it immediately to prevent any further annoyance. I rolled back and forth in bed before wiping my eyes to rid the remnants of sleep. "Is Sir Yoongi awake now?" Sir Yoongi tho. XD

I sat straight in bed when I remember him. He slept on the couch last night. I stood up and took a peek from my doorway to check up if he's awake. Fortunately, not yet. He is sound asleep in it. I unclasped the jacket from the closet and hung it on my shoulder. It's very cold in Korea early in the morning, especially when fall's about to end. So cold I can't breathe, it's choking me. I heated up the stove and placed my hands for awhile, thinking about the food I was going to prepare. I went through the carton of milk first. I placed it on the table and waited for it to defrost. How does he liked his milk? Hot or cold? Fifteen minutes had passed, I haven't realized yet what food I'm going to cook so I settled with bacon and eggs instead.

4:15 AM ㅡ he hasn't awaken yet. I thought he'll go to work early? But wait, what kind of work does a rich 21 year-old guy has? I really wonder why. Doesn't he go to school? He should be attending a university at that age right? The scent of the bacon sizzling in the frying pan woke me up entirely. I felt like eating this one now. Placing the cooked strips on the bowl, I put the egg next mixing it with cheese leaving it half cooked. The kind of recipe I like, scrambled-slightly-raw egg with cheese. This made my tummy rumble even more. After washing the utensils, I fixed the table and sang to drive away the drowsiness in my body.

"Last night I block down and think, what did you, what did you put on my drink~ I remember making out and then, oh oh~"

"Are you insulting me?!" I was completely surprised when Yoongi spoke behind me. If I wasn't vigilant enough, I could've dropped the plate on the floor and cut my feet with the shards. "I almost die from shock!" I stared at his messy morning hair. "Will you comb your hair? Birds might lay eggs there, accidentally." I walked back to the counter and washed the glasses to place it on the top of the dining table. I can feel his stare behind my back but I didn't bother.

"I'm just being honest you know. Next time, be conscious about yourself. You're growing older now. And mind you again, you already have someone in your house with. You're not alone so stop your dirty habits." I talked to Yoongi like I was talking to Kate. How I missed that girl so much. I haven't restricted myself from talking to him like that, I didn't notice he wasn't amused by it.

"It's none of your business. Let me remind you, you're just a housemaid, nor my mother, nor my girlfriend, nor anything. You're a nobody to me. You don't have the lawful right to tell me what's good or bad. Your primary work is to clean and cook for me. What part of being a maid you don't understand?"

Oh. It pained me. So freaking much it made my knees weak and my hands shook with anger. I was inferior, I should've known what he thinks about me so that I'd figure out where I stand. Yes, I'm just a maid. Thanks for pointing that out. My eyes warmed at the derision. He was putting me in an abyss of contempt. He whom I thought could be nice to me, the person whom I thought would show me kindness I never saw before. I splashed my face with water, pretending to wash my morning face. "Do you still need anything?" I turned to him, steering clear of getting a scratch in my voice. He sat down and served himself a breakfast quietly. I guess, he's not answering me.

"I'll go back to my room now. Just leave the dishes there. Take care while you drive." I quickly stepped away because my tears were heavy in my eyes, I need to loosen it to rid the feeling. My throat's rough, I might release a sob, that's the least thing I'd do while he was in. Just as a commanding guy as he is, he didn't mention a single word when I left him. I was dejected early in the morning. What a good way to start my day. I buried my face in the pillow when I settled in the bed. My loud weep sounded like an underground sob as I dunked my face in it. How many times will I get the feeling of being unwanted? I was just trying to help him sort his physical self. It seems to me that Yoongi was not the type of person you'd show kindness to and get a pleasant feedback. He'd feel mocked rather than feel grateful. His Mom was right. He really doesn't either get along with unwanted people or he doesn't want to get along with them no matter how hard they try to adjust to him.