Chapter 46 - Closure ◆

I couldn't count the hours I spent guarding her in the hospital, all I could ever remember is that I received the message at ten in the evening, and now it's fifteen minutes past seven in the morning. I haven't gotten some sleep, the bags under my eyes are disturbing, I look more than exhausted.

Hearing the metal bed gently screeched, I tilted my head upward, checking the person lying on its white sheet.

"Yoongi." She barely found her voice. "Why are you here?" She added.

"I know I shouldn't be here but I have no choice," I replied.

"Don't make it too obvious that you're still mad at me." She dropped her own remark that rendered me off-guard.

"I knew I should've left you there," I said, hissing at the mistake I did when I recurred.

"Yeah, that sounds like a plan. A plan that was meant to be done a year ago." She shook her head in disbelief, she was still the same. The dauntless Kate that is willing to risk everything in her power to get her wants.

"Do you want me to do it to you now?" Anger rose up in my chest.

"I'm sorry Suga." The name I hated to be heard flung to her mouth. It made me frustrated and stupid. "Don't call me that, you remind me of my cousin." I dangerously mutter. I still couldn't quite forget the horrible incident between Minju and I. I badly wanted her dead but not in my own hands. If anything happens to her that involves terror, I will be more than glad to know it. I want her to suffer more than I did. More than I felt when I forced myself to do it with her thinking I could save my girlfriend.

"Oh, the girl you slept with? Now do you realize what kind of dumbass you are Yoongi?" I was surprised it went out of her mouth.

"Who are you to say that?" I said, my legs shaking numbly from the anxiety.

"I was your ex-fiancee and your girlfriend's best friend." My eyes shot her a glare, the one that almost reek her on the brim if I had lasers on it.

"I don't get you," I said, confused a bit upon the mention of my girlfriend.

"I am Nicole's best friend Yoongi. Don't you remember that girl you met in the room?" She laughed a bit. I had my fist balling to the side.

"She was your girlfriend. Now do the math."

I breathed heavily.

"I was so jealous that time you know that? When I heard her say you noticed her, I badly wanted to grab her hair and throw her on the wall, I badly wanted to hurt her, add the fact that she was treated specially by my father, I want her dead. I was happy the day I did it, I managed to let her escape, but fuck it nothing has changed." Kate's eyes were red in fury.

"She didn't deserve that." All I managed to say.

"Why not? She does!" She argued stupidly. In one moment, I was glad my relationship with her didn't last romantically. I never really liked her in the first place, she was right, the girl I noticed was whom I wanted to be at best.

"You're jealous, but yeah you deserve those misfortunes."

She scoffs, "You're just like me Yoongi, you're a jealous monster too! We all have this in our character which made us quite destined for each other." She made a hissing noise and laughed. She was too angry to be in line with her sanity.

"I am not. I've never been!" I shouted, it was hard for me to contain my flaming emotions accumulated from the selected memories.

"What do you feel about Mingyu working as an FBI officer and you're not? If I am not mistaken, that was your dream, right? I still remember you that day, crying in my arms, pouring out how you feel when he was given a chance to pursue it but your father won't let you. You really looked pathetic that time."

"Shut up!" My ears were red. I was fuming, I couldn't contain the humiliation running in my veins. I can be compared to anyone else but not my stepbrother. He was the reason why my life had never been right for me to live.

"I don't want to hurt you like this Yoongi. Wake up! You can't live like that forever. You have Nicole now, and your baby." Her voice fell two octaves lower as she was trying to soothe my nerves.

"It wasn't clear to me yet why you left me," I said, giving up to my pride. I started loosening up the fact that I see no point in hiding my sentiments.

She slowly rose up to her back and leaned on to the headboard.

"I know you'd going to ask that." She said. "Yoongi, I'm sorry if we didn't work, I know it in the first place that we're not really into each other and I fell in love with your brother, I'm sorry Yoongi. But believe me, I was happy when I heard you found her." Tears ran down her face all of a sudden. She brings her hand to wipe it, but it keeps rushing seeing me covered in grief. I know she's feeling me, that's how kind she really was inside.

"She came just in time." I uttered, I felt my pride slowly deteriorating and that the grudge is gradually falling into the pit of oblivion.

"We need to move on Yoongi, the best option is to forgive and forget," Kate demanded me to hold her hand. I came slowly in front of her and did what she told.

"But my pride had damage everything, I doubt I can fix it back, especially with her," I responded. She squeezed her hold on me while pulling the same warm smile she does when I crave for comfort.

"I did the same to her, I'm with you in this." She rubbed her thumb on my palm, it was surprisingly calming in a way.

I nodded at her.

"Are we good now Yoongi?" She asked clearly. I know what's running on her mind, it was the exact thought I wanted to clear up between us too.

"Yeah. I can't thank you enough for helping her find me." I said.

"Yeah, I was happy she found someone she deserved. Sorry for me because I don't deserve you, but what matters is that you found what you deserved too. You two deserve each other." She smiled, I brought her palm close to my lips and planted a small kiss of respect.

"Thank you."

She nodded at my sentimental thought, but we were interrupted by a loud sound of my ringtone.

I had Nicole's name on my screen.

I turned eager all of a sudden, I was in between panicking and happy. I abruptly slide the green button of my screen and allow her to hear my voice of longing.