Chapter 57 - Sick at Home ◆

Kate

"Jagiya." Hesitation was replaced by a determined voice.

Mingyu turned as soon as he heard me, that same emotion he had on his face that ruined his angelic features is still haunting me.

"Can I go out? I want to take a walk alone, outside." I was still hesitating while I try fixing the tangled words coming out of my mouth.

"Where to?" He said coldly. Then walked to the couch to sit and light the cigarette he's been holding since he went down from his room.

"City? I just want to breathe a fresh air." This time, I didn't hesitate. I am being true to myself and to him. I really want to clear my clouded mind.

"I don't trust you." He smirked. I turned to him, and saw the wafting smoke while he has his back on me.

"I understand." I stood up looking sorry when I stopped in front of him. I sat beside him, caressing his hand that was resting on the white surface of the couch.

He suddenly took it away from my grasp.

"Go." He permitted, face devoid of any emotion.

I wonder what made him cold like this.

I rejoiced temporarily. But kept the emotion to myself.

But before I took one step to completely leave him while I find myself my own peace, I asked him a question he was not willing to answer nor comprehend. "So how does it feel that your brother's dead?"

His lips formed into a mocked grin. "Couldn't be more rewarding."

I looked at him with eyes full of judgement and misconception.

"So would you mind telling me now why you have to do that?" I finally asked what I've been dying to ask.

"Revenge." He replied shortly, putting off a cigarette halfway lit in between his fingers.

I am a confidante of a psycopath, I know that. If you're asking me why I easily submit to this psycho, let me start answering your questions one by one.

Yoongi and I were supposed to be married to each other, I admit I grew feelings for him, but it's one-sided. Jungkook could tell that Yoongi does not see me the way I see him. The little kid was there when Yoongi's father and his twins visited us in California. Jungkook was with his father. They were trying to sell the girls they kidnap to chinese-korean, american-korean, german-chinese business man, which you would know by now, N is, and one sure reason why they do it is to get fifty-percent interest from every single girl they sell off. The kidnapping and the ransom were just an act, their main goal is to actually torture every rivals they have that dares measure up to their business. And yes, the syndicate is running a business too.

Did you hear about Luhan's company? They run it. And any connection they get from their clients, they make it their allies. This is where they formed their alliance, and their alliance are so big, they could easily locate you anywhere in the world. There are other businesses too, like hospitals, pharmacies, malls, and other big industries you think innocently of. They own it, and what they get from their underground hobby is what they use to run their businesses. Cunning, isn't it?