Chapter 22 - Midnight ◆

I can't imagine what my life would be if I was stuck at the syndicate house for the rest of my living days. maybe, doing all kinds of dirty game was my priority-- hence the reason why I should, at the least stay alive. What if none of these happened? what if I didn't escape from that hideous pit, I didn't go to South Korea by fate, I didn't meet Aunt Sulgi by chance, I didn't meet Yoongi by all means. What's gonna happen to me? no love story to share eh? just my hellish history.

***

N

Grabbing me just like that anytime he wanted to? "Where is your manner young man?" I said sarcastically, laughing in front of dreadful-looking Yoongi. "And what's with the look on your face? You look completely drained." I added. Sitting close to him on the bed, I reached for his face to bring it closer to my vision. His piteous face revealed the dark circles under his eyes. And it took me split-second to realize that he was in total distress.

"I'm fine. I was just stressed earlier."

And so I was right.

He held my arm that was adjacently attached to his face. He sighed in peace. "Your touch revives me all the time, it's like a holy water putting off the raging fire to my fiery soul."

Deep. I thought to myself. No doubt he could write good lyrics.

I kissed his forehead out of nowhere. I guess that was my surprise present for emotional people. After the kiss, the feel of his skin lingered on my lips, I folded my lips briefly and sewed it into a radiant smile. His pair of his eyes sparkled happily upon the sudden action. Guess that would be my reward.

This is the real Yoongi. He is someone who despite having difficulties to deal with, he would still fake a smile on his face just to tell everyone he wasn't burdened.

You are one of the reasons why I thrive Yoongi. Your courage is too overwhelming, it fills me. It pushes me to survive my own.

"You look happy. Why is that?" I asked him.

Never assume unless otherwise stated.

I want to know if I was the one who's making him happy. Probably give me some hint? So that I wouldn't assume and go paranoid all the time. I wanted to be a filicitous choice but I don't want to assume. Not until I hear it coming from him.

"I don't know. Maybe because I can feel your love even if you rarely display it?" He said. His eyes and lips expressed the same happiness.

"Why do you even say I rarely display it?" My brows furrowed in mischievous curiosity.

"Because I want to feel it everyday, every minute, and every second. But you're not making me feel it." Yoongi frowned cutely as he endlessly whined. As he spoke those words, his eyes were expressing sympathy just like those famous puppy eyes.

"Not a fan of PDA especially at your parent's house." I raised my index finger, swaying it vertically.

He whined lowly. I then laughed upon seeing him trying that cute gesture.

Funny how his mood can change in such smooth transition.

"I wonder what happened the night when I was drugged Yoongi. Is it okay if you tell me about it?"

The night air blew vigorously through the slightly open windows. I had small bumps everywhere when the freezing chill touched my skin. I turned to Yoongi, who served my quiet. He scooped me in his arms and kept me in it to shelter me from the cold breeze.

"Do you feel a little bit hotter now?" He spoke looking down on me. I couldn't see him at the moment but his breath was sending a tingly sensation to my forehead. This distance just indicated how proximately close we were with each other.