Chapter 31 - Three Days Later ◆

Yoongi

       Taehyung came back after long minutes of talking to someone on the phone. The look plastered on his face was pretty unpredictable, as if different kinds of feeling was settling onto him. He sensed me looking at him, he gave me a brisk stare and then looked at everyone around the room one by one.

        His stare went back to me one more time. My body felt numb from the paranoia that had been torturing me for an hour now, add up V's anxious face at the moment.

       "Hyung." Finally, he opened his mouth. I can only hear the sound of my heartbeat, and that loud thumping of my chest stuns me.

       "She was found." Words released aren't clear yet. It took me three seconds to decipher it. And when V repeated those words, nothing could ever make me feel so alive again. It was a great struggle though, I'm so happy it happened. The long wait has finally come to an end. I looked at everyone around the room, everyone's mood lifted up, mine is just incredible. Many feelings have been mixing up and I don't know what to say first or how am I going to say it. That's my girl we are talking about after all. "How is she?" I asked without second thoughts.

       "She's good. She's at home. Your father brought her back."

       My father? Just what was my father's business with that?

      "Hyung! I'm very happy, I'm sure my parents are too." He came to me and hugged me. The way he hugged me gives me that familiar connection I get when I granted one of her wish or accomplished one of her request. Suddenly, all my memories of her rushed into me. It's ripping my heart into pieces because all of it were all memories of pain and anguish. Not a single fragment of happiness flashed back. Aren't we happy together? Was the love we had isn't that satisfying?

        "Hyung."

      I tapped his back. "Finally. Congratulations." Was all I said.

      I was being bugged my these strange thoughts and it made me felt incapable of seeing her.

      How is she? Does she still think of me? I was occupied with lots of queries, I didn't realize that everyone was looking at me with pity.

        "I can read that worry on your face Hyung." I looked down, I hate it when I involuntarily received sympathy. I know that is so selfish of me but I need not to deprive my pride with its right to keep the respect for my individuality.

       "I'll try to find a way to let you two talk with each other." He whispered to try to ease me. Yeah, it freed me from all the worries but the unexplainable doubt I have in mind was still haunting me.

        "Okay. If she'll let me. But I doubt it." I moved on the couch and rested my exhausted body. The underlying feeling of agitation has vanished just receiving the right amount of rest I need to keep me working.

        "Wendy sent me a message just now. She wants to talk to you about your composition. Their company might be using it for the comeback of their talents." I wasn't prepared for that but still business is a business. "Okay." I bid a quick response. "Be good to her. Who knows they might like it." I looked at him. "When?" He lifted up his shoulders. "I'll call you after we meet."

        Namjoon stood up, stretching his arms wide and yawning loud enough to interrupt all the bustling. "Can we go home now?"

       Jimin looked up upon noticing.

      "Yeah, come on. Let's relax for now. We've encountered so many problems today. Good thing one of it has been solved." Jimin stretched his arms too and motioned up, pulling his bag with him. "I still need to contact Jungkook."