Chapter 39 - Disturb Me or You'll break ◆

I decided to take a walk inside the mansion today to memorize the entirety of this house. The thought of owning this hasn't sunk in yet. I'm not comfortable. At the end of the day, I still find myself going home to Yoongi's flat. So, a little bit of strolling around could help me accept that I own this house and make me comfortable in my stay. Walking through the hallway of the mansion, I tried recalling the past events that happened in my life.

I am forgetting them. But a certain event in my life requires me the need to remember it. I need bits and pieces of the past in order to get something from it and see if I can connect it with the newly fragments I have, to answer my endless queries.

Why was I kidnapped? What do they want from me? Is it money? It's something people do to gain nowadays. Stealing someone's wealth to gain for their own good is cliche. And I'm not buying it. Seeing them suffer in taking care of me isn't something I can call a waste of their time.

My life is like a movie, an untitled movie with so many genres and lessons to learn from. If I am a movie, what title am I?

What's more disturbing is that, do they still want me back? If they do, for what reason?

My parents are rich. They can negotiate me for the sake of my serenity. Isn't it that easy?

Sighing in fear, I will my feet to continue moving forward. The scenery looks faded, as well as the aura of the third level of the house. The place is very silent, it's defeaning. The sound of the footsteps has me recurring the old days because of the nostalgic feeling it sends. That main day when I was marked.

•••

"I'm sorry! I won't ever do it again. I didn't mean to escape from you, I'm sorry." I pleaded over and over again to spare me from being chastised. I am pulling my hands to get away from their tight grip. Both wrists are gripped by them and it's hard to unclasp. I'm just wasting my energy as I try. And I try to shout although there's zero percent chance for me of being heard from the outside.

I am sorry. I shouldn't have tried it in the first place. I know badly my consequences and I can't afford taking it.

"You never really learn your lesson, Nicole." Said Kate's father. He is seated on his desk, two men are standing beside him, keeping him guarded.

"As long as I'm caged here, I'll find a way to escape." I blurt out because of the growing anger in my chest. That makes him lose his temper.

I earned a stinging slap from him.

"That's not what I taught you Nicole. Didn't I tell you to never talk back to people, especially the people who nourished you?"

If this is what you call healthy, then never mind.

He demands the two men gripping me to bring me closer. He stands up from his seat, meeting me in the center of the room.

A stainless metal bowl is positioned behind him. It makes me nervous seeing the mirage playing on top of the flame. It's hot. A coin that is permanently soldered at the end of the rod is heated.

It takes me a minute to process the act he is about to do.

My eyes grow bigger to see the rod being pointed towards me. I try escaping, but the bouncers aren't going to budge. They keep me still. Believe me, I really tried to get away with them but I can't do it easily.

He presses the heated coin onto my chest. A shrill sound of painful mourn escape my lips. I am crying as I endure the pain. My fleshes are burning at the touch of the metal coin. And the faint smell of my burning skin is horrible. It's so savage. Who in the world can do that? Obviously him, but isn't his conscience going to bug him for his entire life?