Chapter 11 - Torn ◆

Yoongi

"Kate." She whispered in the middle of her sleep.

Her vulnerable voice poked me out of my drowsiness. I was just waiting for sleep to knock me out but it seems like something is going against it. I pushed my head upward to study her. Her hair was spread fairly on my chest, the scent of the shampoo she used in the morning was simultaneously torturing my restraint.

"Please don't kill me." She moaned hurtfully.

I was a bit appalled upon hearing her moaned those unhealthy words.

Who's trying to kill her?

"Yoongi, don't make me hold on." She continued to speak in between the dream and her sleep. But this time, my name was in it. What does it mean? Hold on to what?

I pulled her up to tuck her in my chest and secured her in a hug.

She continued to cry out her grief. With series of low moans and short hiccups escaping her mouth, I noticed a tad mark of water in my shirt. I slowly withdrew my hand from the hug and pulled the part of the shirt that was stained by the water. I found out that it was more like a tear.

I quickly turned my head to the side to view her full face. The tears were flooding down her face. She really looks vulnerable in the middle of her silent weeping. Maybe, she is having a bad dream and without knowing it, she's already crying in reality.

A sob escaped her lips again and every flick of the second, her low cry turned into a weep with her shoulder convulsively shaking while catching her breath.

I felt pain slowly cramming my lungs. Seeing her this weak and helpless against her dream is so unbearable.

What kind of life does this girl have in the past? Why was she this bothered? Could it be she just escaped her past and happened to be encountered by my Mom without having a single idea about what kind of a girl did she brought here in the first place? She didn't only mention a strange name, I heard a very familiar one too. Why was my name involved?

I continued to touch her hair gently while wiping the tears that were staining her innocent face.

"Whatever experience you have encountered in your past, what matters is that you have me in your present. I'll walk with you through it in the future. You'll get through it with me by your side." I promised her and kissed her in the head.

I will show you what forever is like. I will lend you the forever that my girlfriend can't give me. I will be the one to offer it to you.

N

I was partially awake the moment Yoongi wiped the tears in my face. His soft palm gliding over my face gave me temporary security. I realized I was crying. But I can't remember why I can only grasp the last ten seconds of my dream. In that gloomy thought, an unfamiliar psychotic man was chasing me. The next scene was Yoongi and me on the cliff, but I was under the cliff, about to fall down but unable to because he's tightly holding my hand. And then there was Minju. His glance shifting in between me and the other girl, he looked so torn. Realizing my real place in the world, I shouted at him.

"Yoongi, don't make me hold on."

I woke up. My heart cannot remember any emotions at all, but my head says I'm very hurt. When Yoongi wiped those tears, the tears that represent pain, it wiped away the sadness that is idling my happiness. I was energized suddenly, how I wanted to hug him too, but I can't do that.

It's clear to me that Yoongi is engaged, I don't want to be an obstacle to that upcoming engagement. I don't want to be a barrier to the relationship he wanted to commit.