14

When the face is pretty but the soul is prettier

School ended and Mia went straight to her house. Monty and her did not have anything planned and later that night she had the basktball game on the school gym, that she obviously  was going because she is the cheer caption.

Arriving to her house she sees her father on the outside stairs reading some book, she got out of her car and walked up to him.

"You are home early" Matt says to his kid.

"Yeah, I don't have anything planned with Monty. Plus we have the game tonight, and I need to get ready" Mia informs her father sitting on the stairs next to him.

"Were is your brother?" 

" Clay went to see his bike, i think something is broken and he left it at Tony's so he could fix it" Mia lies, which her dad noods in agrement.

" Listen, about what you and your brother heard this morning" Mat starts but is soon cut of by Mia.

" Dad, we dind't heard much, it's fine" She says.

"Well, if you guys did. Your mom and I we disagree in some things."

"We didn't hear anything dad, really"

"She thinks you might be having your nightmares again" Mat says, loking at his daugher next to him, Mia Jensen was facing the road , but once her father mention her nightmares she turned her face to face him.

" I don't. I don't have them for a while" Her breath suddenly becomes heavier.

" And if you are, and you want to talk to someone about them. Someone who don't share your DNA."

"Dad, in that situation I can just talk to you. I don't need to see a shrink" Mia cut him off.

"Mia, that was not what I meant" 

"I know dad, don't worry. If I need someone to talk, I will let you know. But I really don't need it, at least not right now."

"Look, I hated high school" He starts, making just a quick pause to look at his duagther before continuing "I couldn't wait to get out. It was hell for me. I was a target.... more then once"

" I am sorry dad, really. But that is my thing, I am not a target at all. I mean you have seen my group, people don't mess with us"

" But I survived."The older man shrugs " And look at me now I am a paragon manhood, with a fucking beautiful family."He smiles.

"Dad, I think this is more of a conversation for you to have with Clay. I am fine you know. If I ever need to talk I will come to you" She smiles.

"I know love, all I am saying is that I had things to hang on too, I had chess club, I had knowledge bold".

"Dad, now you are embarassing yourself " The younger Jensen laughs.

"Do you and your brother have something" He asks.

" I know I do, I have cheer and I have my friends, we hang out a lot. But Clay I am not sure." She wasn't even sure if Clay had any friends how was she supposed to know if he had any hobbies.