20-You

thinkin bout you

Laying down on her stomach with her computer on the end of the bed where some episode of "How I met your mother" is playing, Mia Jensen finds herself in her little comfort space. Alone in her bedroom, where the only sound filling the room is the lines from the characters in the show.

She pauses the episode once she hears footsteps coming from the hall, Clay is approaching the door. In the spare time of a couple of seconds, he busted in.

"Why? Why didn't you say something?" Clay asks. Mia gets up from her bed and closes the door behind her brother, and makes her way back to the bed. This time instead of laying down, she sits on it and places one of her decorative pillows on her lap.

She knows what he is referring to, Jessica's party and what Hannah believes happened.

"Because nothing happened for me to say something." Clay looks at her with confusion in his eyes, and it's not due to the words but due to who she became. How can Mia do this to someone she loves, to her friend?

"Mia come on, forget that bullshit Justin and Bryce fed you. Tell me the truth just like Hannah told you."

"Look, Hannah was drunk she told me she had drank that night. So when Justin was in the room with Jess and they were doing it Hannah misunderstood the situation, Clay." She prevents her eyes to lock with Clay's, afraid of what she might show.

"Bullshit. She told you the truth it's time for you to tell Jessica the truth as well. She deserves to know."

"Clay Hannah lied more than once okay? She lied about me and she lied to me. I know you and her were friends but for the rest of us Hannah wasn't." She knew for a fact that Clay and Hannah were more than friends, they just never really admitted that.

"Mia, she killed herself and you are telling me she lied. Why would she lie?" He shouts.

"Good question Clay. We all want to know the answer to that." She pauses to get up and stand closer to him " Hannah liked the attention, she was a drama queen bitch who fucked our lives forever." They both fell in silence.

"I am begging you, Mia, just please tell me what you know about that night." Clay looks at his sister and Mia can see the tears in his eyes and the sadness behind them.

"I found her in the bathroom that night, I tried to talk with her about why she was so terrified and once she finally started to talk she said that Bryce raped Jessica. Bryce is my friend longer than any other and Jess was with Hannah's ex. We were all mad at each other back then and Hannah created a sick story about that night. That is all I know Clay." She tried her best not to let her voice break, because if she did so he would know she was not sure of her story. As if she also doesn't believe it but it's what Justin and Bryce told her. And because she wasn't around when it all happened, she has no idea who is telling the truth.