26-still not over!

How is it now?

It kept on getting worse! The bottles of liquor were still in her room, the tears never stoped falling, and the empty place where once was a heart in bleeding dark blood.

Five months have passed since Hannah Baker killed herself. Five months since the tapes were out, five months since her life, that Mia once thought was being picked up from the ashes, went back to ashes.

They never thought this trial would actually happen, the idea of moving on was all they holded on. All they wanted to do was moving on. But sitting down at her breakfast table with her mother and father looking strianght into both Jensen kids eyes, they realized they couldn't move on, just yet.

Life was different now, but necessarily good.She hated that feeling

Like she was there, but not really; like someone cared, but they didn't; like she belonged somewhere, but not anywhere here.

She hated being stuck in the same place that killed kids.

The days were Mia could just shut it all ot were the most peacefull ones, the bottles of alcohol would help. Montgomery would help, she knew she was being weak and stupid fo going back to Jones habits. But it was her DNA, she wanted to lie to herself and say she and the Jones genes had nothing on her. It was a li, Mia knew that.

That was why she always fell back into it. 

"Clay I need to talk to you about the trial" Laine Jensen spoke as her son walks inside the dinning room. Mia sat next to her mother, Clay looked at her, her hair was perfectly straight, her make up went back to being normal every day kind of make up. She looked almost untouchable, like she used to.

"What? What trial?" Clay asked walking back into the dinning room.

"We wanted to tell you this morning but you left so quickly, that we only told Mia" Lainie started "Hannah's Baker's trial, it's moving fowrad"

"What?You told me it was settle" Clay says, placing the water bottle on the table.

"We thought it was. But the Baker's rejected the district's final offer today. It starts tomorrow"

"You won't say anything?" Clay asks his sister.

"What do you want me to say Clay, shit is happening again" Mia cursed with forwed eyebrows.

"Language Mia", Clay looks back at his sister than at his mother "Tomorrow, how is that possible?"

"They were up against the trial date, at the last minute, the Baker's rejected the settlement."

"So, I will get to testify agianst Bryce?" Clay asked. In Mia's tummy anxiety fuss makes her stomach ache.

"Sonya did tell me, that you are not on either witness list" Clay looks back at Mia that keeps her head low.

"Why not?" he aks angry.

"Clay, each side chooses witnesses based on variety of factores"

"Bryce raped Hannah" he pointed angry "Why isn't anybody talking about that? You heard his confession. You heard evrything before you dropped out of the case"