29-break up?

How it is for girls

The it couple of Liberty high was laying down on Mia's bed, after sepnding the night the two teens were talking, in the comfort of a dark room and naked bodies tangeled together. Mia's hand traced Montgomery's face as he spoke.

"So you nervous for tomorrow?" he asked, his voice was low and husky, like every morning.

"I'm terrified" she joked, however, Montgomery knew it wasn't a joke at all.

"Everything will be fine, just go there and defend Bryce" he said grabbing the hem of the blanket pushing it off his body. Mia watched with a shoched expression as he left the bed.

"I'm not defending Bryce!" she announced"I'm there for Hannah, she is the one that needs it, I'm going for" she said grabbing the blanket to cover herself up.

"You defending the crazy chick?" He asked

"I'm defending Hannah, the girl I told to kill herself, just because I was mad at something. She asked for my help and I ignored it. She deserves the truth to be told" She said, walking ut of the bed, with the blanket still coveringher body.

"God Mia" Montgomery breathed out "Why do you always do that?"

"Do what?" she asked, stoping in fcront of her bathroom door. He passed his hand over his face "Defend people who have hurted you"

"I don't do that" she said softly.

He dryly laughed at her "Yes, you do. And now that Jess is back and Sheri and even the Standall kid, I bet you are gonna just follow whatever they said and defend whoever they defend" Mia clenched her jaw before speaking.

"I don't follow they around. I'm Mia Jensen, people follow me around" she spoke sternly.

"Well, I don't see that. Since Jess got back, you been just thinking about her constantly, you don't even spend time with me anymore" Monty fought.

"Well Monty, Bryce raped her, I get that you don't have a clue about how that feels. But she needs me more than you do, so don't make this about yourself" she yelled.

"I'm not making this about myself. I'm just saying you have to choose your priorities" she shurrged, Mia couldn't belive what he was saying. It felt like forever since they last fighted, but there it was again, the side of the relationship she hated the most. For a while the fights were meaningless, but since Hannah Baker arrived to Liberty High, their fights were actually very hurtfull.

"I can't look at you right now" she said, grabbing her towel to take a shower " We will talk about this later" But twenty minutes later, awhen she left the shower and walked back in her room, Montgomery was gone and so were his stuff.

"I told you he was never good for you" Hannah spoke sat on Mia's bed as she watched her walk back into her room.

"Why are you here" she watched Hannah just shrugger her shoulders.

"I don't know, but i'm enjoying it" she smiled, Mia looked at her lost in her own mind.

"So you saw it all?" She asked, grabbing the cloths she was gonna waer to school.

"Humm, I told you I never liked him" Hannah chuckeld.

"We didn't break up Hannah, we just fought. I do that a lot" Mia whispered the last sentence looking back at Hannah in her bed.