23-Is she home?

It wouldn't be the first time. 

"Good morning" Matt Jensen is a very enthusiastic person, he views life in a very different way than Mia does, but let's guess that was what made the two so close.

"Hey" She grabbed her mug and poured her usual coffee then followed to the table where she ate toast.

"You sound excited "He joked.

"Oh, you don't imagine how excited I am" She joked back.

In the meantime, Clay entered the kitchen where he poured some coffee.

"Still drinking coffee?" Asked Matt.

"You are still drinking coffee"

"Yes, I guess we just hope more for our children," Matt admits.

"Well, thanks dad" Mia interfere.

"You know we are proud of you" He kissed the top of her head.

"We will probably live longer if that helps if your generation doesn't destroy the planet first."

"It's too late I am afraid".

"Clay, about the Hannah Baker case-" Lainie starts just to be cut off by her husband.

"Can we just have one morning without discussing that?" Asked Matt.

"No actual dad, let mom talk with Clay about the trial that we both are attending." She spat out.

"The subpoenas go out today" She starts facing now, not just Clay but Mia too. Mia faked a smile at her mother's action, before biting another piece of her toast.

"Who is getting one besides me ?" Clay asked.

"Sorry Clay, I am not a library to discuss it," Lainie said "The other day you asked if a person could be prosecuted if they hurt someone, but the victim couldn't come forward. You said it was hypothetical, but you were talking about Hannah, weren't you?" 

Mia kept her eyes on her brother watching and listening to every move, word, anything, and everything. She realized now that Clay talked a lot with their mom, a lot more than she ever did, and so she wondered if he had said anything that could put her in bad sheets.

"I wasn't actually."

"Cause if something happen to her and you were involved, one of you was involved in any way..."

"You think we hurt Hannah?" Asked Clay after Lainie's long pause.

"Lainie"

"Mom"

"I don't," She said, but with a long pause.

"Oh, you so do" Commented Mia.

"Mia" Called Lianie.

"What! Seriously, you are the one saying all that bullshit about" one of us hurting Hannah" when it's so clear you actually think "one of us" did" She mentions 'one of us always with questions marks on her fingers because it was so clear to know Lainie thought Mia had hurt her.

"Mia, I didn't say that" Lainie starts as the doorbell rings.

"You didn't not say that as well" Again the doorbell rang.

"You are my daughter, do you really think that I think you did that," Lainie asked, as the doorbell kept on ringing.

"Do you really want me to answer that? And can someone go open the god damm door" She shouts.