Chapter Two

Okay, so maybe the creature wasn't in a listening mood after all and decided to just drop off the face of the earth but Elsa could not leave that to chance. She frowned as her eyes skirted across the green and vibrant summer landscape. She was grateful at not being prone to sunburn due to her constant lowered temperature. This allowed her to wear less constrictive clothing, her white short sleeved tunic was opaque and billowy exposing just one shoulder while the other shoulder had a intricately woven snowflake crest of the spirits upon it. Her blue pants were more tight yet flexible meeting above where her ankles were, and her feet well. . . Elsa had discovered she enjoyed open toed shoes and sandals when her environment allowed it. Sometimes going completely barefoot with simply compacting ice along the palms of her feet allowing to feel the earth more intimately.

Materializing a telescope she took one more sweep of the valley below. Grunting in dissatisfaction she held on as Nokk reared to back away from the cliff's edge galloping down the ridge. So they weren't in the valley but based on what Mattias had reported the creature was injured and no animal Elsa had ever encountered stayed in the open during a vulnerable state. Still she would leave no stone unturned and keep her promise to Anna.

"Any sign of them?" She asked Gale gusting by her head. The fellow spirit left with a somber mood, Elsa huffed as Nokk treaded to the forest lowering his speed to a rushed trot. Elsa had never felt her eyes become so hyper focused in all her life as every slight movement caught her attention. Unfortunately every other movement was either a rabbit, a bird or nothing.

"Well Anna has absolutely no need to be concerned, since I can't even find them." Dejected Elsa let her mind wander to the early morning.

                          ❄️❄️❄️

"Are you sure you don't want to take Mattias with you or some guards? They'd be more than willing." Elsa bemoaned at Anna's bemoaning and took her eyes from the last of the books that she was packing into her satchel, some were objective to figuring out what she was exactly tracking, others were more indulgent reads she found while scouring the library for Intel. Slinging the strap around her shoulder Elsa took a cleansing breath. Before she could reply Kristoff beat her to the punch.

"She'll be fine Anna, if Elsa can herd a pack of wolves she can drive away whatever that weird beast was." If Elsa didn't know any better she would have sworn she heard reverence in Kristoff's tone as he consoled his wife who still didn't look convinced. Elsa finally stepped in taking Anna's two hands in her own. "If I encounter the creature than I'll be able to bring closure to this whole situation easier if I'm not surrounded by people to protect-No offense General Mattias." She glanced at him apologetically.

He raised a hand placating. "None taken, I'm well aware what you're capable of Elsa and well aware of who would be protecting whom but uh know you have backup here in Arendelle if you so need it." Elsa smiled gratefully nodding to the man. Her attention was then turned back to her family.

It was rare for Olaf to look so melancholy but when it did happen it was usually the result of Elsa leaving. She knelt before him expression just as grieved. "I'll be back soon Olaf but I have to catch this creature before they seriously hurts someone, besides I'll have Gale, Nokk and Bruni- even the earth giants will help."

"But you were supposed to stay." Elsa placed a hand on his cheek running her thumb along it. "Hey we can have the best biggest sleepover when I return and while I'm away you can plan it and I'll do everything in your itinerary." His pep returned instantly as he clapped his stick hands. "I better get to preparing. I'll need a list or- what no no a list of all our slumber party activities. Oh and Sven can come-" He leapt and kissed Elsa's cheek and bounded off to tell the reindeer. Elsa, Anna, Kristoff and Mattias watched after him fondly.