Chapter Nineteen

"Be sure to let me know how it goes?"

"And any intel we can share with the village about Ryu..." Yelena interrupted before Elsa could answer as she packed the fish and other ingredients into a pack.

Elsa looked up and smiled smally. "Of course."

"Can you even begin to think about the possibilities this could bring!" Elsa chuckled at Honeymaren's enthusiasm. "I mean Elsa we've probably seen more than most people around the world, magic, spirits, you-" her hands grandly gestured to Elsa bringing a blush to her cheeks. "- and now dragons! I've been doing some reading and I don't think any other place has such a plethora of wonders."

Elsa couldn't open her mouth to agree before the less jovial Yelena interjected. "All the more reason we must proceed with caution. I have seen the greed of humans and what it is capable of. A greed so great that they would sooner destroy something precious if they cannot contain it for themselves. Even now Elsa's life is being threatened and by extension the balance of the bridge." She shared a glance between them.

"Besides reading, have you had any reports back from your warriors Honeymaren?"

"No, but we're still scouring every inch of the forest, the beach is next on our list."

"Now it is imperative that we must focus on protecting our people, our home and each other. We will keep any new developments small and to ourselves." The last part was spoken in a hushed tone.

Both young women bowed their heads respectively. Yelena gave an acknowledging grunt and left them when a hunter beckoned her away to the large communal goahti.

Elsa appreciated both efforts and thoughts from Honeymaren and Yelena although the motivations seemed mildly different. While they both share similar temperaments and ideals Honeymaren had always been more in touch emotionally in her endeavors, her heart was incredibly strong.

The mind and heart both have their strengths and weaknesses, do not favor one over the other.

"Would you like to join me when I introduce Grand Pabbie and Bulda to Ryu?" The question came fast and unsuspected by both of them. Elsa wasn't entirely certain why it had crossed her mind. Maybe it was the way Honeymaren tensed up when Yelena spoke, or the way her eyes became crestfallen when she was asked of any reports to share, either way Elsa had a feeling she could use a break from her duties for the day. It wasn't as if it wouldn't be conducive.

While Honeymaren debated silently what answer to give Elsa reasoned with her sense of duty by stating. "It would be best if both of us heard and were educated by Grand Pabbie about dragons... To share with everyone."

That seemed to do the trick as Honeymaren let out a loud and sharp whistle. Soon Erin trotted over to them nuzzling his nose against Honeymaren's chest

"Ready when you are." She smiled at Elsa's ice knapsack then looked over at Nokk.

"And maybe we can take some of those supplies off you two."

Elsa relaxed somewhat atop of Nokk with the morning fog spreading beneath his hooves as Erin easily kept up. She glanced back at them and wiggled her fingers creating small snowflakes which fluttered into Erin and Honeymaren's noses. She wiped away the itch with her tunic sleeve and playfully glared at the spirit. "That's enough of that."

Elsa laughed watching as Honeymaren bent down and scratched Erin's nose.

Yes she was certain that Honeymaren would make an amazing successor for when Yelena retired... If she ever did retire.

She also couldn't wait for the time when both Northundra and Arendelle could accept the dragon and Ryu could soar through the skies to her heart's content.