Chapter Eight

There were a few rules that the dragon lived by, live and let live and enjoy life and all it had to offer are the two Elsa had learned were apart of her true character. She had stored the pain that her dragon felt and tried to carefully address it whenever she was able

However if the situation was uncalled for of such behavior she did not.

Whenever she wanted to bring forth the pain of touch and all the subtle implications that had been accompanying it in the past she found it inappropriate as her new companion had been busied with the inhabitants of forest.

Currently she was balanced on a sturdy branch crooning for a baby bird to join her family in the sky who had abandoned her. The bird's mother could not be faulted Elsa concluded as she had limited time and other young to care for and teach to find food.

She did give quite a significant amount of prompting to the chick before taking off, more than what Elsa had seen inspired by determination to help her young to fledge but despite all her efforts they were ignored.

The dragon decided to become a participant in the lesson climbing the tree and after some strong convincing became either a non treat or an inevitable variable in the chick's untimely demise.

After some attempts to demonstrate how flight was achieved the dragon much to the chick's detest began nudging it gently out of the nest, paying heed to not destroy its delicate structure.

Elsa's anxieties rose as she did from her rock perch as it neared the edge of the branch trying to hop Over the dragon's rounded snout. She hugged her arms and hair in a learnt behavior to curve her negative emotions which increased.

The dragon hadn't waited for the robin chick's consensus to draw the conclusion it was ready to. She had seen it, it was not sick, weak, or suffered any inflictions it simply didn't want. That was why she persisted so not willing to let the chick waste the precious life it had been gifted.

Upon the edge the dragon used her tongue to nudge it forth. The chick drawn out a pleading squeak upon the long fall to ground, yet it never met the ground and instead in the rampant effort of flapping met the end of a snout underneath.

Deposit the safety net she provided the dragon had remained powerless in whether the bird would survive but instead increased its chances by not allowing it to drop too low whenever they failed to catch their weight with their wings. After an hour of falling, flapping, and catching the bird had learned how to navigate the air as a novice.

Elsa didn't know why she was hesitant to glance to right where the dragon who was too busy overwatching the bird's flight stood. Perhaps it was the conclusions her mind regarded no matter how foggy they may be.

Her gaze became a magnet when the dragon turned her head to her. Why had she been so nervous? It was a comfortable stare they held together.

A chirp broke their regarding of one another. Instead of dwell in the moment the dragon drew forward lifting to her hind legs. The noises she let out were exclamatory in pride that made the woman jealous as they represented everything she wished for growing up.

They definitely inspired the bird to leave the wood heading for the open fields. Their tutor started in the direction, turning as if sensing Elsa's lack of following she summoned her with a growl and head jerking in the direction. She was obeyed.

In the field what was to be respected as the bird's family resided to which they joined gaining height. The dragon flapped her wings instinctively wanting to join but with great restraint held back. She had not developed the same understanding with the other robins as she had with the fledgling.