Chapter Three

"Elsa what are you doing with all that fish?" Elsa jumped turning to the question. She remained silent for a moment staring at the ground. Her mouth opened four seconds before she actually began to speak. Her next words made her nearly curse herself to an early grave. "What fish?" Honeymaren raised a brow in sync with her Reindeer Erin.

"The ones you just stuffed in that bag?" Honeymaren pointed to the sack Elsa clutched tightly. Her tone also added the question: Are you going insane? "Oh these fish well um. . ." Elsa smiled patting the sack, her closed fist reached her mouth while she coughed clearing her hoarse throat. "Dealing with bears." The regret was instant clogging her chest at Honeymaren's stressed eyes. She had heard of bears but never actually encountered them yet. By their description she had tried to convince Yelana and Elsa that the forest was perhaps better without them, they sounded aggressive and large. Not a good combination.

"Need some help?" She sat up on Erin readying her stirrups then jumped at Elsa's quick objection. "It's fine nothing I can't handle." This was just getting worse. Elsa never really knew if she was a good liar or not due to not being one prone to lie. She had that to her advantage at least but still deception was not a action she revelled in and would never understand anyone who did.

Her morality falling by the wayside had dampen her entire Outlook of the day so she quickly turned away and leapt onto Nokk giving a single wave at Honeymaren. Still the alternative was sending the whole village into a panic. They all began to believe she was now just on a devoted wild goose chase for her sister's sake and that the "Monster" was long gone. She'd tell them eventually but for now she had to visit said "Monster" and then her sister. Her pupils dilated. Anna. Could she lie to Anna, would it even work? They both were able to read the other with a gained ease down to certain tones to the micro expressions that occured from time to time. She swallowed hard. She needed a plan.

                        ❄️❄️❄️

Or maybe she didn't since the very essence of her dismay was nowhere to be found at the moment, she flapped her arms haplessly against her hips. "Where did she get off too?" She whispered to herself. Bruni began sniffing the ground like a hound then raced up into the trees searching the area with Elsa just below him. Certain she couldn't have gotten far the spirit kept her pace slow, it was surprising how well the animal was at blending into the lush environment.

                        ❄️❄️❄️

Once again Elsa was in the wrong and it was barely the afternoon. For her dragon had gotten far on her injured leg and was nowhere in sight. What if she had fallen prey to another animal? No even injured what normal animal would fight a creature able to breathe fire? But then again an animal had fought her at some point that much was obvious from her leg. Still why the sudden change in behavior. Elsa had been here the day before yesterday and the day before that and always found her either resting soaking in the water or licking at her wounds.

                         ❄️❄️❄️

"Oh hush you." Elsa scolded softly as she walked into the clearing at the dragon who was growling, she then raised her head from her paws eyeing her, they craned over to the sack Elsa carried over her shoulder. The Spirit lowered the bag with a huff letting it hit the ground causing a thud. It had taken quite a bit of effort and stealth to gather the various meats, and fish Elsa presented. She was reminded of the difficulty everytime the dragon snubbed her offerings hissing. She would then limp away and lick at her wing and leg.

She brought a new variant of food for the past three days but still not a bite was taken. "You must be a youngling of sorts if you're this fussy." She mumbled emptying the bag onto the ground. Triggering an ear appendage to swivel in her direction and growl to gurgle in the air.