Chapter Sixteen

Ryu grunted when giving one last rinse to her face. He was polite enough to let her finish but not polite enough to not enter her room uninvited. She couldn't admonish him too much though she had done the same thing albeit her intrusion was a bit more altruistic.

She wiped her hands over her cheeks and eyes roughly ridding them both of water and the annoyed sneer she sported- turning around.

"Mr. Scherer."

"Miss Cherry."

He seemed more alert than in gardens when she was just a mere maid with odd eyes, aware of what she was and capable of.

Letting the tense silence slowly constrict their personal spaces together Ryu gestured towards the door.

"Shall I fetcheh you some tea or maybe some cakes- or how about a lesson in how to knock, knowing when to just may save your life one day no?"

The man's emotions remained uninfluenced, watching her as she gathered clothes: a plain white tunic and grey trousers, and unceremoniously tossed them onto bed it was then he began to speak.

"I have come to learn over my years of working with others that the most timorous are more often the ones who hide behind being facetiously cocksure-"

"Oh yea?" Ryu grumbles with an obvious dilettantism of the garrulous man.

"-Though I never knew a woman to carry this trait."

Finally returning her gaze to him, Ryu began slovenly untying her bottoms and shuck them off.

He was careful with his reaction wanting to lay undetected by her perceptiveness, with how tightly wound his body became, he smelt nervous but he was a man of God after all and to show an outburst of any nature would allude to a nature he hadn't wanted to be implicated giving Ryu the satisfaction.

She at least had decorum to turn around when removing her shirt. Ryu would let him think it a shyness instead of her being disinclined to put her injuries on display. He'd see the scales on her back and ass but not see that they could be somewhat penetrated.

"That is kinda like how idiots are most likely to be- what was it teh called-" she trailed off thinking of the pronunciation then snapped her fingers- turning once her shirt was over her head, it was a bit long. "Sesquipedalian." It was a fun word, and ever since she had heard it she had been wanting to try it out practicing how to say it. His sharp inhale told her that she had pronounced it well enough.

She continued on poking the bear while grabbing her trousers. "Or-or-"A finger was wagged at him impishly.

"Or eh how the most perverted and twisted hide behind being very pious." She glanced up when his silence became loud and Oh- well she had done it now.

It was kind of creepy how his face grew darker in vermilion but remained the same. Was he having a heart attack?

"I will be here in Arendelle for an extended stay-" he drew closer making Ryu wish he would try to assault her in some way, then he'd be dead and wouldn't bother Elsa anymore. Problem solved.

"-which should give me enough time to conclude why a creature like you would attack Arendelle then return under the guise of a maid, only to completely compromise herself in order to protect the Ice sorceress. Forgive me but it seems quite treacherous."

Ryu scoffed to the side leaning back on the bed. "Well that was not me being me treacherous no? That was uh just bad planning on my part. How would you have done it-huh?"

Her genuine question was ignored.

"Nevertheless I will found out."

Her face scrunched up as she straightened to sit at the edge, hands clasped.