Chapter Five

Elsa stepped aside allowing the numbers that rivaled an army's of rocks overtake Kristoff with a small smile of amusement. Some trolls tugged gently at the hem of her white skirts urging the woman along as they passed the clearing to a cave with a large and rounded entrance. Elsa heard the chorus sounds of her name, Kristoff's and other excited exclamatory remarks that were drowned out by the cacophony their visit had brought.

Both Elsa and Kristoff ducked low to avoid being jab by the teeth of the stalagmites and stalactites that claimed the roof of the cave's entry tunnel. Crystals of varying sizes and colors lit the way in the same glowing semblance as the ones that hung from some of the trolls' necks, just larger and more luminescent, no doubt from being connected to their original sources.

Elsa was careful to not trip on the rolling boulders that filtered into the cave at surprisingly high speeds past her legs. Kristoff less careful maneuvers faired easier than she already past the low hanging ceiling into the dome mega-den of the trolls. Holes of varying sizes littered the walls leading to different rooms and sections. It always reminded Elsa of a anthill, alive and humming with life and constant activity. She lowered her head quickly as a speeding troll flew past her head ramping from one hole to the next. The ceiling once inside was covered in moss and thousands of Panellus stipticus troops and other species of bioluminescent mushrooms.

Probably much safer, Elsa considered, to have overhead than crystals.

As Kristoff asked one of the older trolls about the whereabouts of Bulda and Pabbie Elsa's eyes trailed from him to a small young troll staring at her from his elevated perch on an actual stone. She grinned awkwardly offering a small wave. His gaze and smile didn't falter. "Can you help me to that ramp?" said the small voice. Elsa's line of sight followed to where he was pointing seeing the ramp he referred to to her left. "Um..." Her consideration of this was heavily influenced by his sweet and cute smile. "Ver-very well."

When Kristoff returned after going back and forth with one of his cousins in a terribly irritating guessing game they finally relented thus ending his suffering and rolled off to fetch Pabbie and Bulda. He smirked crossing his arms taking in Elsa's predicament. He heard her labored breathing from a few feet away. Her face beet red from helping one of the unexpectedly heavy troll younglings off the rock platform and onto a ramp. She turned to help the next, and then the next but paused before taking him into her arms. "Wait I just did you." He awed and rolled to the back of the line.

"Alright guys that's enough of your game." All the children booed and jumped off the rock dispersing the line filed. "Game?" Elsa gasped nearly dropping the child in her arms but instead placed him down gently.

She followed after Kristoff arms dead at her sides. "They used to pull that with me, I stopped at age twelve." Kristoff informed as they followed his cousin into one of the larger tunnels. Elsa nearly caught her breath, chest still heaving heavily. "He said he needed help to the other side."

"Elsa that ramp leads to nothing, the kids have access to all the places they are allowed to go." She groaned tiredly, her arms didn't even burn this much when she used excessive amounts of magic. Kristoff's smirk never died on his lips. He didn't look back at her expression which probably had her brows drawn together in confusion. "Why didn't you just use your magic?"

Elsa raised a delicate eyebrow, staring at the side of Kristoff's face. "He said my magic could hurt them, they don't have their crystals yet." she explained as if it was obvious common knowledge.

Kristoff should have known.

He pulled back the moss curtain for Elsa to enter first, replying nonchalantly. "Another lie."

She stood there for a moment, her face placid and deceptively hard to read, a million conclusions could have been drawn up from her eyes alone, before entering with a small shake of her head.