(28) Marry Me?

Five months later,

Bucky surprised Ellie Mae with a summer trip, they had spent some of the summer in London. But now he had a surprise trip for her. 

"Why are we not going back to Boston?" She said 

"Because I have a surprise." He said as they went to their gate. 

Once they boarded their flight, he took out her ear plugs after they took off. 

"What are you up to?" She said 

"You'll see." He said 

After their flight was over, they landed in Bora Bora. 

"You brought me to Bora Bora?" She said when they stepped off the plane.

"Yes I did. I wanted to take you somewhere tropical where you can relax and enjoy some fun in the sun." He said as he kissed her. 

They grabbed their luggage and got a rental car. A boat took them to their over water bungalow. 

"James Buchanan..bloody hell." She whispered when they explored the bungalow. 

They spent 10 days in Bora Bora, snorkeling, jet skiing, they took a helicopter ride to see all over Bora Bora. They also did a boat excursion, and couple massages. 

On their last night in Bora Bora, Bucky had set up a romantic dinner on the beach. At sunset he walked her over to another area that he had set up for them to watch the sunset.

"Eleanor Maybelle, a world without you is very dark. I am so glad that fate brought you into my life. From the moment we first kissed I felt my soul light up like it had been waiting on you. I know we haven't reached a year yet, but I don't care cause I feel it in my soul that you are the one.  So Eleanor Maybelle Carter will you please marry me?" Bucky said as he dropped to one knee. 

She gasped when she saw her ring, she wiped tears. "Yes." She said as she dropped to her knees. 

He slid the blue sapphire ring on her finger and kissed her. She fell backwards, which made him fall forward on top of her. 

He looked down at her, "I'll give you your dream wedding baby." He said 

She cupped his cheek, "I love you." She said 

"I love you baby." He said as he kissed the inside of her hand. 

They celebrated with the champagene, and strawberries. They called everyone when they had returned to a place with service.