•Walking~Matt•

573 words
------------------------

there's nothing that i love more than walking around town by myself. wouldn't you love to just walk around town by yourself every once in a while? NO! i am terrified of walking around town by myself. i would either bring a friend or just not walk. the friend that i would normally bring would be my best friend Nick Sturniolo. we'd link arms, laugh and talk the whole time, and i love it! but recently things have changed, Nick has been refusing to go on walks with me.

i would go to their house just to ask Nick if we wants to go for a walk with me.

"no, thanks, we went yesterday," he would say.

"no, i don't feel like it," he once said.

he has never said anything like this before. i didn't feel like asking his brothers so i would just leave it be. then one day Matt, his brother, asked me if i wanted to go for a walk. i immediately jumped up and said yes.

Matt's POV:

"why is she so excited to go for a walk?" Chris asked.

"because i haven't said yes to a walk," Nick said.

"why haven't you?" Chris asked.

"cause i want Matt too," Nick said looking at me.

i knew he wanted me to do that, i have had a huge crush on Y/n for some time now, Nick and Chris both knew. so Nick wanted me to ask Y/n to go for a walk to see if i ask her out.

i walk outside to see Y/n waiting for me.

"what took you so long?" she asked me.

"Nick wanted to say something," i say as i started walking.

she started walking beside me, she was younger than us, we are 18 she is 17 and yet she acts just like Chris, a kid haha (in a good way). they both always do the same stuff and skip around, do dumb shit, but i still think she's pretty cute. right now she's skipping ahead of me and i didn't feel like skipping with her, Chris would, i wouldn't. i'm just staying behind watching and smiling.

"hurry up!" she said as she stopped at the end of the sidewalk.

"i'm going i'm going," i say, i catch up with her stop.

"do you have your wallet?" she asked me.

"what?" i asked confused, it was just random that she asked for my wallet.

she pointed to her left and i saw an ice cream place, she wanted to get ice cream.

"i forgot my wallet, i left to fast," she said looking back at me.

"yeah i have it, come on let's go," i say.

she smiles a big smile and we start to head over. we get our ice cream and i pay for it. we sit at a table near by and starting eating our ice cream and talking.

"what if...i asked you out?" i asked.

"i would definitely say yes," she said smiling looking at me.

"wait, would you really?" i asked looking at her surprised.

she leaned in and gave me a soft kiss, when she pulled away i couldn't help but smile.

"does that answer your question?" she asked.

i nod my head, i ask her out and she said yes. wow...i can't believe that it was that easy, just a walk and ice cream, that's all it took.