•Habit~Matt•

722 words
------------------------

Y/n's POV:

so i have been dating Matt for the past 7 months and known him for 2 and a half years. dating him has been the best thing that has happened in my life, even before when we were friends was the best. but recently i have been letting my bad habits go out. meaning, how do i put this, before i used to try to stop myself from doing any of my bad habits. but lately i have been not holding them back, so if i want to play with my fingers, i would try to not, but now i am. i physically showing that my habits. every time i show my habits, and i'm around the triplets, Matt always gets mad. well, i wouldn't say mad, just doesn't want me to do it. whenever i'm nervous i play with my fingers, or bite my nails, or fidget with something, you name it, and every time i do any of that i get more nervous because i'm scared of Matt yelling at me, so i fidget more. today, i'm talking to Nick about it because i know he'll know what to say, i would talk to Matt, but i don't know what he'll  say and i would talk to Chris, but im afraid he's gonna tell Matt. and i know that Nick wouldn't do such a thing. i went to there house and went to Nick's window. he knows i'm doing this by the way. i knock on it and he opens it and helps me climb in.

"hey girlie," he says while hugging me.

"hi," i say.

we let go and we sit on his bed to talk.

"so, you wanted to talk about your habits?" he asked.

"yeah.. i would talk to Matt but i'm afraid he's gonna get mad," i say.

"why would he get mad?" Nick asked.

"because! he has before," i say.

"i'm sure it's not it's not bad when he does," he explains.

"i know, but it still scared me when he does," i say. "i can't help that i'm doing these things."

"i know you aren't," Nick reassures.

Matt's POV:

i was going to the kitchen to get a water when i hear Nick talking. he didn't have anyone over, so i was confused and curious. i put my ear up to the door and heard Nick and a girl talking. i listened a little bit more, and i heard Y/n's voice. i wanted to open the door and ask what's going on, but i wanted to hear more of what they were talking about.

"i want to talk to him about it," i hear Y/n say. "but what would he say? my habits have been really bad lately, plus, when he yells at me to stop, i do it more."

her habits... i mean i know they've been bad recently, i always tell her to stop, i don't try to yell, but i don't like her doing that so when i say stop i sound irritated. i open the door and Y/n and Nick quickly turn my way. Y/n's face goes white and Nick's face goes mad.

"excuse you, we're trying to talk," Nick says.

"Y/n, can i talk to you? please," i ask.

she nods her head and follows me to my room.

"why do you think i'm yelling at you?" i ask.

"you heard that?" she asks.

"yes, please tell me, it may seem like i'm yelling, but i don't like you fidgeting," i explain. "i just sound irritated when i say stop or something. i promise you im not trying to yell at you or be mad at you."

she softens a little and looks down. i go to her and pick her chin up with finger.

"i always thought you were mad when i fidget," she whispers.

"no, i just don't like you doing it," i say.

she smiles lightly and i kiss her. we pull away and i hug her.

"i love you, i'm sorry that i made you feel that way," i say.

she hugs me tighter, "i love you more, Matty."

"but you know that you can talk to me, you don't always have to go to Nick or Chris," i say.

"i know that now," she says softly.